OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal TSS oddity

Started by buzzardroost, December 24, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

Have a look at this. Ordered #9's from Rogers. The box says 1.5 oz #9's. The shells says 1 5/8 oz 7-9. What the heck did I get? Hope I haven't spent all this money and not got what I thought I was getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candyman

Shell looks like a duplex load. Cut one open and see.

Happy

I would say worst case scenerio you got an extra 5/8 Oz of tss per box. I wouldn't worry about it as long as they patterned well. Pretty sure the load would be tested and safe.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dirt road ninja

FL-Boss

interesting.. you got one of the new duplex shells..which aren't even released yet. Are they all like that in that box.. or just that one?

HiIlbilly

Quote from: FL-Boss on December 24, 2018, 08:36:57 PM
interesting.. you got one of the new duplex shells..which aren't even released yet. Are they all like that in that box.. or just that one?
That's what I was thinking also. I went and checked my boxes that I ordered.

1iagobblergetter

That would be my guess also or if it's only one in the box someone didn't get the machine cleared out when they went from the duplex to straight nines.

Jrkimbrough

I also noticed on Rogers website they had a 1000 and 1200 fps 20 gauge TSS Federal loads. Thought that was odd.

FL-Boss

I believe the straight #9 are 1,000 FPS..thus considered "low recoil"   The #7 are 1,200

buzzardroost

They are all the same. 3 boxes worth. I also read on another forum of a guy having the same issue.

Hunt4spurs87

Man where can I order these

buzzardroost

This has somewhat concluded. Rogers gave me a call after I submitted a help ticket. They found 4 cases where Federal packaged the shells incorrectly somehow. Rogers Soorting Goods is having UPS return these shells and sending me straight 9's. Apparently the return shipping is going to be on Rogers not Federal, which I hate but that really tells me that Rogers Sporting Goods really cares about their customers.

Gobble!

Quote from: buzzardroost on December 26, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
This has somewhat concluded. Rogers gave me a call after I submitted a help ticket. They found 4 cases where Federal packaged the shells incorrectly somehow. Rogers Soorting Goods is having UPS return these shells and sending me straight 9's. Apparently the return shipping is going to be on Rogers not Federal, which I hate but that really tells me that Rogers Sporting Goods really cares about their customers.

Good customer service there.