OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 super mag

Started by imtalkinturkey, April 25, 2011, 03:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtalkinturkey

Bought one today and love the bottom land camo pattern on it my question is am I gonna still get a good pattern out of it if I only use 3" shells?

longbeardlife.com

I have one and shoot 3 in nitros out of rhino choke and it shoots fine...

Gobble!

with hevishot the 3" shells pattern great
What are you planning on shooting out of it?

bowhunter84

get you some nitros or hevi's and a good choke (rhino,pure gold,jelly head, etc.) and you should be good to go :icon_thumright:

imtalkinturkey

Right now I am gonna be useing a remington super full turkey choke till I can come up with a trade or something else and I have a box full of diff turkey loads to try really want to shoot hevis but they are all sold out around here

Gobble!

Quote from: imtalkinturkey on April 25, 2011, 03:53:00 PM
Right now I am gonna be useing a remington super full turkey choke till I can come up with a trade or something else and I have a box full of diff turkey loads to try really want to shoot hevis but they are all sold out around here

If you cant use hevi shot the winchester high velocity loads are good lead loads.

stick bow

3" shells will be fine. Like already stated the Winchester lead shot shoots outstanding out of my supermag with an IC choke. Congrats on a great gun.

gobbler74

Nice gun..wish they'd run it in a 23" tapped version.. Try some 3" 2 oz hevi 13 6's or 7's. You will have more than enough.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"