OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good For Another Five!

Started by guesswho, November 04, 2018, 01:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I go deer hunting about once every five years just to remind myself why I quit.  I shot my bow yesterday afternoon for the first time in about 4 years.  I told myself if I hit the silver dollar size bullseye at 25 the first shot then I'm going hunting in the morning.  First shot nailed it!  I thought that's just luck and don't count so I said if I hit it with my second shot I'm going hunting in the morning.  Nailed it.  Then I thought well if I hit 3 out of 4 I'm going hunting in the morning.  3rd shot nailed it.  So I figured something was telling me to go this morning. 

I went and now I remember why I quit, you might kill one and they're harder to get out of the woods than a turkey :TooFunny: .  So now I'm good for another 5 years.  I may take up squirrel hunting.  Plenty of them and easy to carry out and clean.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ccleroy

Greg Massey

Nice deer, WHO"s that in the picture ?

guesswho

That would be a handsome young fellow.   Well maybe one out of two, if I'm lucky! :laugh:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

He's a tall boy!  Congrats.
Of course you realize you can't do that without hours of practice and a new bow setup every two or three years.
Shame on you for defying all hunting TV shows. People like you could collapse the entire hunting industry!:character0029:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Quote from: Tail Feathers on November 04, 2018, 02:09:34 PM
He's a tall boy!  Congrats.
Of course you realize you can't do that without hours of practice and a new bow setup every two or three years.
Shame on you for defying all hunting TV shows. People like you could collapse the entire hunting industry!:character0029:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to breakdown and buy me some of those fancy expandable broadheads in about five years.   Shot my last Muzzy 4 blade fixed this morning.   Maybe by 2023 they will have TSS expandables.   
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

greencop01

Congrats, shows everyone makes a mistake every now and then. Really congrats, turkey hunting rubs off on our hunting pursuits! :fud:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Sir-diealot

Congratulations. I have a wonderful place to hunt, only problem is I am not allowed to bow hunt it, only rifle season and turkey season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

2eagles

3bailey3

great deer congrats, I love the kicker off the base

guesswho

Quote from: greencop01 on November 04, 2018, 03:06:27 PMturkey hunting rubs off on our hunting pursuits! :fud:
It has me.  I basically turkey hunt deer when I do hunt them.  I can't sit in a stand.  I have the attention span of a retired Circus Monkey, so sitting in a tree isn't an option for me.  Shot him from the ground at 17 yards. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

monty690

Yessir, about once every 5years is enough for me. Squirrel huntin is good. It's a good way to do some scouting and keep your woodsman skills tuned up. Plus, them rascals are good eatin'.

idratherb

NCL

Congratulations on a nice buck. If a five year layoff is what is needed to kill a buck like that then I better rethink my hunting strategy....LOL

guesswho

I had a lot of fun, right up until the blood trail ended.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff