turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best wet weather pot surface and striker

Started by Fl strutter, October 20, 2018, 10:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

What do yall use on most wet mornings or rainy days? I have crystal and aluminum calls but need to get a good wet weather striker I guess. Any suggestions?

Chris O

I am sure some custom guys could make you one but for the money a mystic wet weather 3 pack at MidWest turkey call are pretty good. I especially like the aluminum rod striker and the fatter carbon striker that comes with it, the skinny carbon one works but I prefer the other 2 more. Other guys make a aluminum striker also I know John Sinclair and Prairie game calls has them but I don't have experience with them but sure they are good . Your surfaces will work fine on your pots, but it might make the pots themselves swell unless they are plastic or synthetic pots. I have a Yingling waterproof crystal and a Chris Brumfiel ceramic acrylic pot for wet weather

Fl strutter

Yea I have acrylic pots. May look into a all weather striker. Here in north FL the humidity is horrible.

bobk

Mike Yingling's  Fiber Rod striker is a good all weather striker.

Sir-diealot

I have a Yingling Carbon striker that I tested under the faucet with a Madd Super Crystal and it worked wonderfully even when the water was running on the call full blast.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeytider

Enticer are some good all weather calls and a carbon tip striker.

Jroddc

Browning87

For wet weather I carry a lonzo acrylic glass with a mike yingling fiber rod striker

Sir-diealot

I will tell you what, shoot me your address in a PM and I will send you a Mike Yingling striker for wet weather. I will not be able to send it until the third though, that is when I get paid again. Edit: Here is video of it working under the faucet. I should have agitated the call first but to late now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEcEN8JNCb0&feature=youtu.be
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Fl strutter

Thanks. I sent u a PM. I have a acrylic glass from lonzo.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Fl strutter on October 22, 2018, 01:03:32 PM
Thanks. I sent u a PM. I have a acrylic glass from lonzo.
I have yet to try glass, after red slate and copper first.

John Koenig:

ezmorningrebel

Enticer silver thunder extreme with the carbon tipped striker.

slwayne

Quote from: ezmorningrebel on January 31, 2019, 06:32:58 AM
Enticer silver thunder extreme with the carbon tipped striker.

x2 on this one.  The public land birds here in Michigan couldn't get enough of this one last Spring.  Even used it on days where a wet weather call wasn't necessary.

JLH

John Sinclair has a new wet weather striker for this year....it sounds really good wet or dry

Bowguy

You'll be surprised how good the Enticer Silver thunder extreme is. Hate to say this but the demos are very dif than the way most guys play. Call sounds fantastic. First thing I did once I received it was run it under a faucet and it ran well