turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pot Calls

Started by Rick, February 01, 2019, 11:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Is it just wanting new pot calls (like me) or some just that much better . I have an old glass call (perfection) i think, not sure .
Couldn't tell you how many turkeys i have killed in the last 20 yrs with that old call . Still wanting new ones. Just ordered a copper call from Yingling .
Saved By Grace

Bowguy

Welcome. Some are lots better. Some are worse and not worth it.

870BkWht

I think its part of the waiting until Spring gets here.  It seems like deliberating on whether to buy a new call or not, what kind of call, what kind of wood, and sometimes how many to buy just seems to be part of the things that kill time until time to hit the woods and for me its part of what makes me get excited about the actual hunting itself. 

If your looking for THE perfect call, you probably wont find it, but its still fun to try. 

worth612000

I would stick with a glass or crystal. Try another call with a different soundboard than your older call. Buy a couple of new strikers. If your old call is a Perfection a Halloran Crystal Mistress with a slate soundboard would make for a great pair of calls. I guess from this post I like glass, slate would be my 2nd choice. Good luck with your new call, Mike make a good one.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Bowguy on February 01, 2019, 02:07:17 PM
Welcome. Some are lots better. Some are worse and not worth it.

^^^ This, pretty much.

Truth be told, really good calls all sound like a turkey. None of them are magic, or "the perfect one" - despite what we sometimes try to convince ourselves. Line up a dozen good pot calls from a dozen good makers, with a dozen combinations of wood and / or calling surfaces, and you could be happy with any of them.

Now, there are also calls out there that make better hockey pucks. The trick is to avoid those! Lol

M,Yingling

Calls thats deep subject lol   thanks again rick   ,,we all want to try something different goes with any sport , same with fishing got buy that new lure lol,, theirs guys that will chase a name and guys that will go purely off want they like hear in a call   and  you say u got old glass u been killing turkeys for 20 yrs youll be hard pressed find a glass call youll have more confidence in then your old one
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Rick

Thanks Mr. Yingling , really like your call, unfortunately i broke the plastic pot on that ole call . May see if someone can put it in a another pot .
Saved By Grace

Greg Massey

Buying calls helps with the enjoyment of turkey hunting ...

Chuck1443

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 03, 2019, 01:15:16 PM
Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harty

Quote from: Chuck1443 on February 03, 2019, 01:31:13 PM
Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 most definitely

fmf

It dang sure helps pass those last couple months until the season