OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

I have never weighed a bird that I have killed until this year. The one that I did weighed 21 pounds 6 ounces. So I guess I will have to go with that one

ryersonhill

22-1/2# Pending state of maine record with a bow and arrow!
Owner-Paramadness Bow Slings
Bowslings-Survival Bracelets-Binocular Slings
Custom Braiding Available-Online Store Available
Pending Maine State Record Eastern Turkey - Archery

Gobblestopper

West Central WI 25lbs 3oz 12:35 PM

Put a young kid in my honey hole four years ago and he shot his first bird ever:  25 1/2 pounder 13.5 beard about 9:30 AM 

Kid was never the same after that.  Another perfectly good human being completely ruined by turkey hunting!

ps. I'm heading out with him in tow again starting next week!!!!

BrowningGuy88

Well I have killed 28 Alabama gobblers, and only two stand out as special. Killed them back-to-back mornings in 2005. Only year I ever killed my limit of 5.

First : 23lbs, 11" beard, 1 3/8" spurs (5 year old bird)

Second: 22lbs, 10.75" beard, 1 3/16" spurs (4-5 year old bird)

I shot the first right at the break of daylight one morning after shooting the wrong bird the weekend before (three came in and I shot the smallest). My partner couldn't close the deal that morning on the other big fellow. Actually had them land in our laps that morning. Never made a call and they flew down at first legal light.

The second one, I went the morning after the first by myself and he gobbled only one time. Can't say I blame him he had seen his two compadres get lead poisoning. I knew where he was and where he wanted to go so I just kept purring and clucking untill 12:00 noon (sitting in the same place since 5:20) and I saw a gap between two cypress trees turn black. There he was strutting and lonely. He spooked at what I thought was about 35 yards and I let him have a face full of #5's out of the 20 gauge. He never flopped, just spread his wings and laid there. Then when I picked him up, he about carved me for Thanksgiving! Well after I got him outta my hands and a boot on him and him dead, I stepped it off. 47 loooong steps.

All the old timers told me I would never kill these two birds after I shot the 2 year old that was with them, and you should have seen the looks on there faces after I bought two sets of spurs and two long beards to church tat next Sunday morning to show them! I was only 16 at the time.

ILIKEHEVI-13

deerhunt1988

24lbs weighed on produce scales, taken in MS

It was my first turkey and we had no clue how big it was. It had 1 1/4" and 1 5/16" spurs and we thought it was just a decent bird. We were eating him the next night. lol.

The bird had been strutting with about 20 hens and 2 jakes since the season started. Someone had actually missed the morning of the day I killed him. I bushwhacked the bird at around 5:30PM that evening when he was displaying for his hens.

Just wish we would have known how big of a bird he was at the time. Would of liked to have had him officially weighed.

Close to 40 birds later, the heaviest I have killed is 22lbs in Missouri.
And have taken 2 in Mississippi around 20lbs.

DMP

chatterbox

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

clarksvalley

24 lbs. in nemaha county kansas,and 20lbs here in pa.

turkey slayer

GSLAM95

26lbs 8ozs in IL
Several that hit the 25 & 26 lb mark over the years but I have never had one hit that 27 lb mark yet.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Borat

Devastator

20.90 in n.y. a few years ago out of 53 beards on the wall between n.y. and pa.