turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

PRAYERS FOR MY WIFE NIKI-Updated

Started by REBELYELL, August 14, 2018, 01:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Thanks for all the prayers guys. We made it in last night and spent all day at the hospital. She had a spinal CT myelogram, then it was off to x-rays followed up with a meeting with the surgeon and part of his staff. After meeting with the surgeon, she had to go through the CPAP presurgery evaluation and going over all of her medical history. The surgeon said it was going to be a big surgery and would take all day. He said there was a possibility that it could turn into a 2 day surgery, with the second one being 3-4 days later. It will all depend on how things go with the first surgery and how much progress he makes, including removing all of the existing hardware. Once that is done, he will have to take a wedge out of her spine to hopefully get her straight again, and then replacing all of the hardware including new rods and screws. Only this time, it will be more extensive and time consuming because he will anchor everything to her pelvic bones. She has to have a central line put in Friday morning and then surgery Monday morning. I will update again next week after the surgery.

Hooksfan

Prayers for your wife!
I have a cousin who lives on the outskirts of New Orleans who went through a very similar ordeal with a scoliosis surgery that did not go well. She was in excruciating pain and her whole body was visibly contorted. Her curvature was where her spine entered her brain and surgeries were actually considered brain surgeries.
She was referred to a surgeon in New York who was acclaimed to be the world's foremost authority on her type of surgery.  She was desperate but hopeful.  This surgery and surgeon ended up being a Godsend. It is absolutely a miracle what it has done for her and she is able to do things she never thought she would be able to do again ...such as driving a vehicle.
I pray your wife has a similar experience and can take this as encouragement that there is hope.

Sir-diealot

Not quite sure how to word this but I will try. Ask them if there is a way that they can make it so areas that will be laid on all day can somehow be cushioned, the reason I bring that up is I have a friend that has nerve damage to his hands from being on his stomach side all day without any kind of movement. (He also has very extensive hardware in his back from cancer surgeries.) Back then they did not have them but now they have some air cushions that can be inflated and deflated as they lie there to help prevent that problem. Not sure it can be done with a back surgery but I did want to bring that up to you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SteelerFan

aclawrence

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed."
??Isaiah? ?53:5? ?NKJV??http://bible.com/114/isa.53.5.nkjv

Praying healing for your wife Nikki!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissLouHunter

God bless, praying for you guys!

bbcoach

Jody my heart and prayers are with you and your wife.  May the surgeons hands and knowledge be from God.  Have Faith brother and God will see you and your wife through this.  ALL things are possible with God.  I'll definitely be praying and thinking of both of you on Monday.  Please keep us updated.

Bowguy

eggshell

You both have my prayers, my compassion and my heartfelt sympathy. I went through a few years of my wife's back problems. At times I cared for her as almost totally disabled. We were finally directed to a top notch surgeon and he repaired her back. During that same time she had a blockage in her heart and the pain meds caused an almost fatal bleed in her colon. The hospital staff sent me home because I was exhausted during that episode and I laid at home wondering if I would ever see her alive again. I done the only thing I could, I gave her over to Jesus! The next morning I walked into her room afraid of what I would find, only to see her sitting up eating breakfast. A nurse turned to me and said your wife has got us all shaking our heads and all pretty excited. The bleeding had stopped and her blood levels were normal and she was wanting to come home. Later that day a doctor finally conceded it was a miraculous healing. That was 20 years ago and she is strong and healthy today.

I tell you this to give you hope and tell you to trust in the Lord. From my heart to God's ear and returned to you in blessing I pray.

REBELYELL

Niki will be having heart surgery Thursday or Friday to replace her mitral valve.

HFultzjr

Quote from: REBELYELL on August 21, 2018, 04:04:28 PM
Niki will be having heart surgery Thursday or Friday to replace her mitral valve.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.
:jesus-cross:

bobk

RutnNStrutn

Prayers your wife and family. I hope all goes well for y'all.  :bible: :jesus-cross:

vt35mag

Best wishes to you and Niki. Hope for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk