OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke color

Started by SumToy, April 24, 2011, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Let me start off by saying I am not the turkey choke police , and either are any of the members here too- hint to those who have nothing better to do that insert themselves intentionally in a avoidable issue that is of no concern of theirs - 

a few things that are of greatest concern to any sensible turkey hunter

1) safety

2) performance

3) price if that is of concern

You shoot what you want

be nice - Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

3" 870 Shell Shucker

ILIKEHEVI-13,

The choke in the picture isn't pretty.  You're right about that.  How did it shoot?

SumToy,

Good Luck with your chokes.  Since you know how to make a choke shoot, you've already conquered the biggest challenge.  Now you need to work on the appearance and packaging.  I worked in outside sales as a Regional Sales Manager for 7 years.  Appearance and Price are important, because if a person doesn't buy the product to start with, they'll never know how great it performs. 

Go easy guys.

ILIKEHEVI-13

The guy that bought that choke here didn't want to shoot it.  Like I said he is sending it back as would 90% of the folks here.  I'll leave it at that for I've already expressed my thoughts. 

SumToy

I have talk to the guy. He called me before I could call him. I will not get into what was said. I will say that he is going to shoot the choke. He has a new one that is one inch OD ready to mail. Now the out side of that choke is not like the other chokes we make.  I will post new pic like I was told. The line in it that is being miss represented is strait rifling that has been in the target world for years along with the wad stops.  Now the hand engraved numbers will show you that it was in someones hand at some point.   

Now some of the stuff in the PM's that have been sent is slander so beware.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThe line in it that is being miss represented is strait rifling that has been in the target world for years along with the wad stops.

I recognized that.  Those are good design choices.

bird

I believe that this thread has outlived it usefulness and the matter has been handled with the original purchaser and any other comments added from this point on are nothing but everyone wanting to get the last word in. 

Time for us all to move on to bigger and better things.

bird