OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke color

Started by SumToy, April 24, 2011, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lking

William, might want to clean up some of that spelling on the choke package for future use as well.  Mossberg, ulti-mag, choke, and others.  Not trying to be disrespectful, just offering a consumer's view.

paturkeyhntr

Well, here are my 2 cents.  My best pattern to date is 161 in 10" at 40 yards.  I have shot all the popular shells...I have the bruise marks on my shoulder to prove it :).  I have used the stock choke, jellyhead, kicks, stardot, indian creek, tight wad.  The 161 was with the IC and HS 3.5 #7 (this years lot).  Purchased at SumToy.  !st shot was 220 in 10" at 40 yards.  Talked to William and he said I should be getting better numbers than that and he will send me a couple of other chokes to try in my gun.  I don't know ANY other company that would do that.   I'll take that kind of service every time over looks.  If Pure Gold will keep working with it's customers that don't get the great patterns with their stock chokes, then my hat is off to them too, but I have not heard of that happening.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That choke wouldn't even make it on a Walmart shelf for $5 the way it looks.  

And 220 isn't anything to write home about.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

And if members now that see this thread and the pictures are content on buying a choke from him and will be happy knowing this is the kind of quality you are going to get in your mailbox then have at it.  But my guess is most will be just like me and think what was he thinking.  

I still can't believe he would even think about sending that choke out to a member here.  

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 24, 2011, 09:30:52 PM

Please read the whole post before you reply.  William wasn't happy with these numbers either and he is going to continue to work with me and my gun.  Would any other company do that?  

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: paturkeyhntr on April 24, 2011, 09:38:50 PM

Please read the whole post before you reply.  William wasn't happy with these numbers either and he is going to continue to work with me and my gun.  Would any other company do that?  

Yes. 

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 24, 2011, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: paturkeyhntr on April 24, 2011, 09:38:50 PM

Yes. 
Who?

doepee

Well after reading all the bs I am going to order a choke from sumtoy real soon here for my sbe 2 and try it out . If it shoots good I  will keep it, if it looks good or not... by the way my turkey calls can look like crap also just as long as they sound good...

clg9mm

Pa Turkey,

IC does the same thing. I had a .665 that was only getting in the 230-232 range my JH was getting 302. Stuart said to send it back because it should be over 300 no problem. He is sending out a couple others for me to try so yes there is another company that has excellent service.

Lots of good chokes out there to choose from......pissing contests like this on a public forum really don't enhance a company image or the other parties. I would suggest that the main parties take a step back and deal with this via PM's.

I don't know the back story and generally the truth is somewhere in the middle, the choke pics speak for them self, not pretty. I would personally work on QC and finish work. Image and customer service are key.

Gobble!

Quote from: clg9mm on April 24, 2011, 09:49:01 PM
Pa Turkey,

IC does the same thing. I had a .665 that was only getting in the 230-232 range my JH was getting 302. Stuart said to send it back because it should be over 300 no problem. He is sending out a couple others for me to try so yes there is another company that has excellent service.

Lots of good chokes out there to choose from......pissing contests like this on a public forum really don't enhance a company image or the other parties. I would suggest that the main parties take a step back and deal with this via PM's.

I don't know the back story and generally the truth is somewhere in the middle, the choke pics speak for them self, not pretty. I would personally work on QC and finish work. Image and customer service are key.

x2 pure gold also works well with their customers

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: clg9mm on April 24, 2011, 09:49:01 PM
Pa Turkey,

Thank you.  And that is what I was trying to do until this got posted here.  

I just spoke with the guy that bought that choke, and he isn't happy.  I don't blame him.  That choke is going back as it should.  

Now let's wrap this thread up. 

spursandbeards

iking  yes the analogy does fit   it can look good and not shoot worth a crap i think every ones point has been made and some people just want to have the last word some say black some say white but gray works for everyone shoot what works for you.
                                                        GET CHOKED
                                                        GET U ONE OR TWO

Gobble!

Quote from: spursandbeards on April 24, 2011, 10:21:28 PM
iking  yes the analogy does fit   it can look good and not shoot worth a crap i think every ones point has been made and some people just want to have the last word some say black some say white but gray works for everyone shoot what works for you.
                                                       GET CHOKED
                                                       GET U ONE OR TWO

You may say it does but here is a better one.
Up for sale are two brand new Diesel Trucks. Same horsepower same overall performance.
One has been through a hail storm, scratched by a tiger, sat on by an elephant, and parked under a tree where 100 birds live.
The other looks great brand new no elephant dents, tiger scratches or 40 pounds or bird crap.
Both cost the same.
Which would you choose?
Sure some will say give me the bird crap one it adds character but most will take the one that looks the best.

SumToy

Gobble I have not idea what is going on with you.  I really don't care.  I have said I will refund the money for a choke.  Now I can make it look how you want it to look.  I know it will not make a few happy.   
  :emoticon-animal-005:
The guys/gals that had them in the past want them with the silver finish folks on this site want them dark.

Now with a truck, car, gun, choke or a person we will have to deal with a piece of  alot of times.

I have said what I will say and that is all.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Gobble!

Quote from: SumToy on April 25, 2011, 08:06:14 AM
Gobble I have not idea what is going on with you.  I really don't care.  I have said I will refund the money for a choke.  Now I can make it look how you want it to look.  I know it will not make a few happy.   
  :emoticon-animal-005:
The guys/gals that had them in the past want them with the silver finish folks on this site want them dark.

Now with a truck, car, gun, choke or a person we will have to deal with a piece of  alot of times.

I have said what I will say and that is all.   

I have wished you luck since the beginning and I still hope you do well. You seem to be great with your customers and I hope that continues. All I am saying is that looks over priced for $65.