OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke color

Started by SumToy, April 24, 2011, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archery1

Quote from: pitjeep on April 24, 2011, 06:10:38 PM
wtf does it matter what it looks like.does it shoot??? if so paint it what ever fricken color you want.if not return it.if you dont like the way it looks dont buy one its that simple.no need to bash the guy who is trying to work with you to get what you need instead of mass produceing ones that work in some guns not others.to me i dont care what it looks like if it shoots wal mart has 100s of colors.
MINE SHOOTS GREAT
Take a kid hunting

BigPeck215

i believe william said that he recognized that he had a problem with the coloring of his chokes and was working on fixing them, so why not give him a chance to try and fix the problem before you bash his product, if you dont like the product then dont buy it and if you bought one and aren't satisfied with it then like he said he offers a money back guarantee so get a refund

pitjeep

stainless isnt easy to color ...walmart makes it easy.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: pitjeep on April 24, 2011, 07:15:55 PM
stainless isnt easy to color ...walmart makes it easy.

Pure Gold is using the same exact stainless and they look great and shoot great.  

If I remember correctly this thread isn't much different than the Indian Creek split chokes that were being posted here.  People were needing to know and there apparently was a problem.  I didn't start this thread here, but I felt the need to defend myself since I knew it was me he was referring too.

Maybe all the other choke makers can start giving us chokes that look like this one here for the same price if that is what you guys are wanting in a choke.  Not many turkey calls would be sold by the callmakers here if they made them like that for sure.  But again looks are skin deep I guess. 

I said what I needed to say, and unless my reputation is questioned again here I now feel better knowing that this is out in the open.  

OLE RASPY

I like killing tukeys i dont think a turkey can see the choke.

JUST SAYING

pitjeep

nothing to see here....move along....lol

lking

Not that it matters any and I'll probably get hammered on for saying so, but I'm sort of with Hevi on this one.  When I buy a product I expect it to perform well and be easy to look at as well.  Kind of like women I guess.... :z-guntootsmiley:

Gobble!

Quote from: lking on April 24, 2011, 07:45:36 PM
Not that it matters any and I'll probably get hammered on for saying so, but I'm sort of with Hevi on this one.  When I buy a product I expect it to perform well and be easy to look at as well.  Kind of like women I guess.... :z-guntootsmiley:

Im with ya. The ladies like a man with a sexy gun.  :jackson:

spursandbeards

I have 2 of Sumtoys chokes and i nor a bird cares what they look like although they look fine to me. a bird is only worried about shot coming out of it not appearences. i had 5 other chokes and Sumtoy is the only one that worked for me. i know of no one else that will take the time to custom make you a choke that you will be happy with. i don't bash others products that is not what this forum is for but i will tell it if something works great for me. as for as looking good you may have a great looking woman who is a great cook, cleaner and mate but what if she gets sick or has a wreck that changes her looks do you bash her or get rid of her or do you appreciate whats underneath, i have shot archery tournaments for years and knew a guy that always dressed toi the teeth, sharp dresser , had the best cloths, best flashest bow arrows etc. but couldnot hit the broad side of a barn but he looked great missing.  my point  it don't matter what it looks like only how it works and Sumtoy chokes work!
                                                        GET CHOKED
                                                     GET U ONE OR TWO

K9-Doc

ILIKEHEVI13  needs to have some respect.  You guys need to realize starting a company is not easy.  I am proud for a small company such as Sumtoy!!!  Made in USA, money back guarantee, great customer service,  what more do u want?  Ever dealt with poor customer service from some Damn tongue stumbling foreigner?  Ever dealt with Rhino customer service?
Lastly, if I wanted a pretty turkey gun, I would carry a Damn over/under that cost $5000!!!
Keep up the American Dream Sumtoy.  As for ILIKEHEVI13, go shoot a big gobbler. You will feel better.
God Bless.

Gobble!

Quote from: spursandbeards on April 24, 2011, 08:33:55 PM
I have 2 of Sumtoys chokes and i nor a bird cares what they look like although they look fine to me. a bird is only worried about shot coming out of it not appearences. i had 5 other chokes and Sumtoy is the only one that worked for me. i know of no one else that will take the time to custom make you a choke that you will be happy with. i don't bash others products that is not what this forum is for but i will tell it if something works great for me. as for as looking good you may have a great looking woman who is a great cook, cleaner and mate but what if she gets sick or has a wreck that changes her looks do you bash her or get rid of her or do you appreciate whats underneath, i have shot archery tournaments for years and knew a guy that always dressed toi the teeth, sharp dresser , had the best cloths, best flashest bow arrows etc. but couldnot hit the broad side of a barn but he looked great missing.  my point  it don't matter what it looks like only how it works and Sumtoy chokes work!
                                                       GET CHOKED
                                                    GET U ONE OR TWO

I couldn't agree more BUT for $65 there are a ton of great performing chokes out there, just as good as SumToy chokes, that don't look like $10 chokes

lking

That's the best part about our country....to each their own..... :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Spursandbeards - you are using an analogy that is not relative.  Purchasing something firsthand that looks poor vs. having the appearance change over time are 2 completely different situations.  Personal expectations in each situation are quite different.

Anywho, enough said for me.  

To be quite honest, I respect William's action in his offer of refund.  In his very first post, had he simply stopped after paragraph one, I don't think there would be a negative post in this entire thread.  Good to see someone stand behind their product.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: K9-Doc on April 24, 2011, 08:50:41 PM
ILIKEHEVI13  needs to have some respect.  You guys need to realize starting a company is not easy.  I am proud for a small company such as Sumtoy!!!  Made in USA, money back guarantee, great customer service,  what more do u want?  Ever dealt with poor customer service from some Damn tongue stumbling foreigner?  Ever dealt with Rhino customer service?
Lastly, if I wanted a pretty turkey gun, I would carry a Damn over/under that cost $5000!!!
Keep up the American Dream Sumtoy.  As for ILIKEHEVI13, go shoot a big gobbler. You will feel better.
God Bless.

I feel fine, and again I didn't start this thread nor did I make that choke and try and sell it to a member here.  I did feel the need to tell him that chokes like that won't go over good with most members here.  And I would be willing to bet most members won't want to get a choke like that in the mail unless they knew they were buying it like that beforehand is all.  That choke for that price and appearence better shoot 400 in a 10" at a true 40yds.  Then I might think about buying it if it was maybe half the price and about 75% better finish.  But if I got that choke in the mail from any maker it would for sure be going back regardless of how it shoots for that price.

fountain

I've shot a lot of different chokes and loads through mossbergs over the years..rhini, kicks, pg, lohman, jh, etc..I was after PERFORMANCE and killing ability. The star dot chokes are ugly to me. Good looking chokes hung out the end of the bbl on some of the above mentioned..but they don't mean jack squat when they can shoot with another.   Get what u want..I want what's gonna get me the best I can het along with somebody that will stand behind the products and is open to entertain customer suggestions.  William/Sumtoy does that and that's just as important as the function of the product to me.  

For me, supporting the local guy is important.   I dont know his backing and its none of my business,  but I support locals over larger companies when they have products that are competitive.   The same goes for turkey calls with me.  i use only rut n strut game calls by tim sanford.  i met tim a few years ago and got some of his calls and also got to know him personally and the calls sound awesome and i can run them well.  there are many good call companies as well as individual call makers like tim out there..but i know him personally and he is good to me and i help him as well..the exact way i feel about william.  i called him and then went too meet him and ended up aggrevating him alll day!  he knows his stuff and i choose to support his product, again cause i know him personally and he is local for me ..supporting the "little man" in the world helps a lot in my mind.

ilikehevi..if the guy that owns the choke is unhappy with it i will buy it myself if he doesnt send it back.  has he even shoot it to see how it shoots or is he just looking at it and turning up his nose? not sure why you are "warning" the people..its nothing like the indian creek thing..its not a quality control thing with them cracking or any malfunctions like that cause these things are very sturdy and are not gonna have any issues like that.  i just dont see the price being high..its right in the range of the other companies other than rhino..it outshoots just about them all from MY testing..and i was pretty dern close to 400.. ;D

good night guys, let all go kill turkey with our respective chokes and go home happy.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well good luck with your choke.  I'm glad your tickled with it.  But like I said, people needed to know about Indian Creek chokes splitting and the same can be said for these chokes here knowing what your buying beforehand.  Like I said most wouldn't pay $65 for that choke for appearence alone forget the way that it shoots.  It looks like a hacksaw job to me.