OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke color

Started by SumToy, April 24, 2011, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Ok I have had it come up about the coloring of the chokes.   I will be the 1st to say that it has been something that I have been working on.  The 17-4 we have used for years but never had to color it. I know of one more company that has had this problem.   I will refund the money to anyone that has purchased one and is not happy with the way the choke shoots or looks.   

We color the part that is out of the barrel now and that is all.  That is all you see.    I spend time on what makes a choke shoots not if it will win a looks contest.  The target guns will be the shinny ones that will do that.   I know that you will always have some folks that you can not make happy.  So that is why I say I will just refund money but WILL NOT GIVE STUFF to folks just to keep them from running me or my product down.

Had a member that has not got a choke from me tell me not to post about my chokes.   I don't take threats to good.  You try to get me to copy a star dot choke.  I say no.  You say if I give you one or a good deal on one you would help me sale them.    This is a problem that started on another web last year.  Then came back a month ago.  GON.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think you need to tell the facts here instead of trying to mislead members here.  The choke you sold a member here I wouldn't give you $5 for it.  And I think you need to rethink what you try and put words in others mouths and post it here.  Like I said, make your chokes right for finish and machining first before you try and push them on members here.  The choke you sold a member here was terrible for appearence and finish.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

Why would you even think about selling a choke for $65 that looked like this to anyone let alone ask that kind of money for it?  

fountain

The one I saw on the chain beards-n- bones tv shows looked good..the worked pretty well too!  I also saw a slide show of them elsewhere that showed some very nice looking chokes.  

That's all fun and games..yea, I've seen some chokes that flat out looked" cooler"  , but were just not worth it..cause looks don't kill nor make em pattern any better.

Its all about the patterns  :you_rock:.. :z-guntootsmiley:

:goofball:& :anim_25: to the rest!

SumToy

The part that is out of the barrel is black.   Not but about a 1/2 inch that is out of the barrel.   The steps they told us to go by to put it on will make it look good.  Then you take a rag it will wipe off and be silver.  I found that you could do it the way we do it now and it stay.  We get the part that is out of the barrel black and the rest is not worked with.  It can be turned but I did not do it.  One think it will do by leaving it silver you will know it is SS.   I will refund his money if he wants not if you want.  You jump form choke to choke on this site and all others.   One day it is IC then Star Dot then Prue Gold.  You cant make your mind up who you want to support or run down.

I will fix the problem on the looks when we find a step that will change the SS.   Until then I will sale chokes to folks that know what they want and will get.  

Funny thing is that now you have one. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

fountain

Ilikehevi...im not gonna post mine..but if u think that one looks bad..u should see mine..its turned just like a choke should be, but not knurled completely on the outside.  WHY?  cause I bugged William all day with a gun that never shot great and he had to go to work ..he also never complained one bit about me taking up all his time and trying and shooting HIS shells and building several chokes.   He turned my choke like any other on the inside, but the outside he just didn't have the time to fully machine it like he wanted to..and u know what..I don't care.  It shoots like hell any way.

368 in a 10" circle at a lasered 40 is why people are gon a buy Sumtoy chokes.  I have not seen very many shoot that high.  This was in a 20" bbl to boot that was dirty as crap.  The internals of sumtoy chokes is where its at.  

If u want looks go to jebs..cause they look neat..

I want what will shoot the best and somebody that I can work with as well and who stands behind their product.   Sumtoy will do that for anybody..try him instead of bashing.  If u wanna, try to outshout him..

ILIKEHEVI-13

I buy what shoots good.  At the same time they look good too.  My Pure Gold choke put up great numbers as well as the  Star Dot and it didn't need Nitro loads to do it.   Heck the Tru-Glo SSX looks a lot better and cost about half as much as what your asking.  

If people want to pay you for a choke that looks like that then that is their business.  I know I won't nor could you give me one that looked like that let alone ask the money you are asking for them.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: SumToy on April 24, 2011, 04:46:15 PM
Well like I said we stand behind what we sale like all the other companies will do.   Now if any one wants to know about my product feel free to ask me or someone that has one. 

Now the 835 is not machined on the outside.  It is .875 OD and the stock is .875.  So we sand the OD of the choke. Most all of it is one the inside of the barrel with our choke.   We have looked into the one inch bar just for the 835.  Now with just the small amount that is out the barrel I did not think would make a big deal.  If CUSTERMERS  want me to make them that way I will.  I go on feed back form the guys that shoot them not from folks that just looking for something free.  I will be doing a PINK one for a few folks.

I feel that if you dont have one dont talk about one.   

Well I now know why you didn't post pictures of your chokes.  But now it is out in the open for all to see and if they want one then they now know what they are getting and what to expect.  But I know a little about what chokes shoot especially in the 835's.  You got a long way to go to beat the Star Dot or the Pure Gold.  And that ain't just on appearence either. 

fountain

Like I said..I ain't seen any match my numbers yet.  Im gon.a get the hevi 7s and shoot again.  I will let all know how they do.  Looks are one thing, but if there are better shooters out there,  that's what im going with.   Im not in the woods competing with anybody to see who can look good..im out there to kill a gobbler and I want the best products I can get to help me do so.  Yea, shooting good, high patterns is fun for internet bs..but it all boils down to killing.  

I know Sumtoy is not as know..yet..as others,  but he produces top quality stuff.  U need to reconsider your decisions here..and don't base it on what was sent to the other guy, although im sure it performed top notch.  Not sure on the story of that choke and don't really care..but he can make one look as good as u want ..I've seen em..but again ..it don't matter in the end as long as it shoot good.  

Btw..my nitros were triplex loads and not straight 7s

SumToy

Why is because I have never needed to post.  All mine in the past have been silver.  All the folks that have got them in the past like them silver.  Now that is folks around GA.  Now we have had to try to turn them black.    We will have them in the silver or this black until we find another process to change the color.   

One more thing that we would like to let folks know that is if you are going to put them in a O/U let me know.  We will need to trun the O.D. of the choke down. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: fountain on April 24, 2011, 04:55:17 PM
Like I said..I ain't seen any match my numbers yet.  Im gon.a get the hevi 7s and shoot again.  I will let all know how they do.  Looks are one thing, but if there are better shooters out there,  that's what im going with.   Im not in the woods competing with anybody to see who can look good..im out there to kill a gobbler and I want the best products I can get to help me do so.  Yea, shooting good, high patterns is fun for internet bs..but it all boils down to killing.  

I know Sumtoy is not as know..yet..as others,  but he produces top quality stuff.  U need to reconsider your decisions here..and don't base it on what was sent to the other guy, although im sure it performed top notch.  Not sure on the story of that choke and don't really care..but he can make one look as good as u want ..I've seen em..but again ..it don't matter in the end as long as it shoot good.  

Btw..my nitros were triplex loads and not straight 7s

Your nitros were about $8 a shell and probably has more 7's and 8's than anything.  The Hevi-13 straight 7 loads run less than $5 a shell.  And they are factory loads and not reloads just so you know.  

And I would only hope for his part that he starts pretty quickly by making them look a whole lot better than this one.  That choke wouldn't bring $5 on gunbroker.

fountain

U right..it wouldn't cause its in the gun and not coming out.  It shoots too good to sell.  I see nothing wrong with the numbers he is getting.  I'll get the hevi 7s and show u that it will shoot with the star dot or pg.  I consider a gun shooting 300+ to be super...a 20" bbl doing it is even better. 

Yep the nitros were high..that's fine by me..and why is my shot different that your hevi..same stuff..same inconsistency in shot in both loads.  Yours were still all little stuff with mine having 4s and 5s humming around in it.  Its still a good high count and very even to boot.  Get some and try them in your chokes for comparison.

pitjeep

wtf does it matter what it looks like.does it shoot??? if so paint it what ever fricken color you want.if not return it.if you dont like the way it looks dont buy one its that simple.no need to bash the guy who is trying to work with you to get what you need instead of mass produceing ones that work in some guns not others.to me i dont care what it looks like if it shoots wal mart has 100s of colors.

ILIKEHEVI-13

No bashing just posting pictures of what your going to get.  I don't see nothing wrong with doing that.  If you think that a choke that looks like that for $65 is a bargain then buy all you want. 

pitjeep

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 24, 2011, 06:29:08 PM
No bashing just posting pictures of what your going to get.  I don't see nothing wrong with doing that.  If you think that a choke that looks like that for $65 is a bargain then buy all you want. 

i will thank you.customer service makes it a bargain.