turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A batch of strikers

Started by bbcustomboxcalls, July 20, 2018, 05:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcustomboxcalls

These strikers have been moving pretty fast so I made another batch.
These are: Yellowheart, Bubinga, Tigerwood, Zebrawood,Maple, Bocote, Bloodwood, Canarywood & Purpleheart.

Bill

Gobbler2577

I hate turning strikers and mine are simple.  I just can't imagine the time you must put into those.  They are really something to look at.  Would be very interested to know how those acrylic tips sound.  I've never had an acrylic striker that I thought much of.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

very nice fan of sticks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: Gobbler2577 on July 20, 2018, 06:04:15 PM
I hate turning strikers and mine are simple.  I just can't imagine the time you must put into those.  They are really something to look at.  Would be very interested to know how those acrylic tips sound.  I've never had an acrylic striker that I thought much of.

Gobbler, I make the acrylic tip strikers mainly for use on my copper and aluminum pots.
They sound great on those surfaces.
The main purpose though is to be able to run your call when dealing with moist conditions.
I'm not a big fan of acrylic on slate.
Bill

Gobbler2577

Yeah I've got a carbon stick I use when it's wet out and it's ok, but I think it can be improved.  I'll need to get one of those to try before long.

M,Yingling

Great lookin strikers  looks like u got some work into them   :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Sir-diealot

Very pretty, lot of work there I would think.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

buckmark13

bbcustomboxcalls

Thanks guys. I only have a couple of the Tigerwood, Zebrawood & Bubinga strikers left.

Bill