turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Striker recommendations for green slate

Started by 243kid, July 15, 2018, 09:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

243kid

I am about to purchase my first green slate and was wondering what would be a good striker to try?

raven105

Not sure who you are purchasing your call from but the dymondwood that came with my green slate from Dustin Jones (Blackstone Custom Calls) was outstanding. It plays great on other calls too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackforesthp

My Halloran green slate sounds great with the dymondwood that came with it, but was phenomenal with a flare tip dymondwood until I lost it!  Rrrrr!!!  Have to get another before fall season.

Spitten and drummen

I have been running jatoba and bloodwood one piece strikers on mine quiet a bit. Sounds outstanding to me.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

My green slate I got from Mac Game Calls sounds good with the strikers that came with it, ( Don't remember what they are, sorry) but sounds even better with the  Halloran flared Ipe striker and the tulipwood flared strikers I have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BTH

I got a hard maple 1 piece striker from Daddy Rat that sounds like a souped up version of a persimmon striker at a tad higher pitch and with some rasp. It is a killer!  I like ipe, hickory and dymondwood on green slate as well.
Phil 4:13