OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Working on #2 Vintage style crow caller for member here on site.

Started by pappy, June 26, 2018, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

We still have a ways to go on touching up and tuning it. Made the stand out of some Eastern red Cedar chewed up by beavers from right here along the banks of the Mississippi with some black lined and spalted river birch holders. I love the rustic look for the stands.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Sir-diealot

How large is this? I think when we were talking about getting stamp prints I was thinking this was much larger because I thought they were full sized prints and not smaller ones but they have to be smaller ones if this is a caller correct? Looks neat by the way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

pappy

yea, it is correct, and these are stamps behind the call. I was wondering why you thought they were so expensive!
tel...573-380-8206

pappy

Quote from: pappy on June 26, 2018, 08:12:49 PM
yea, it is correct, and these are stamps behind the call. I was wondering why you thought they were so expensive!

here they are together, yours is on the right.
tel...573-380-8206

Sir-diealot

Quote from: pappy on June 26, 2018, 08:13:54 PM
Quote from: pappy on June 26, 2018, 08:12:49 PM

here they are together, yours is on the right.
Okay, now I have perspective! lol I thought this was a large table piece for some reason designed to look like a calls. I feel like a knucklehead.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

Sir-diealot

Quote from: pappy on June 26, 2018, 08:18:18 PM

here are some prints and pics I have collected
They look very nice. Let me look on my camera and see if I have a picture of the one I have but am yet to get matted and framed.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: pappy on June 26, 2018, 08:19:14 PM
LOL......you still want it?
This comment has me lost, sorry my meds have me very dingy for some reason tonight, would you please remind me.

John Koenig:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

pappy

Sir-D....my bad I was thinking of another guy who bought the first crow call....get a good laugh Outdoors LOL
tel...573-380-8206

Sir-diealot

Quote from: outdoors on June 26, 2018, 08:22:46 PM
:icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright: U  GUYS JUST GAVE ME A BIG LAUGH..........
I honestly thought it was a desk model that would be set of by a CO2 cartridge or a boat fog horn or something else.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: pappy on June 26, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
Sir-D....my bad I was thinking of another guy who bought the first crow call....get a good laugh Outdoors LOL
I will get that out tomorrow and take pictures, I don't want to handle it tonight, not kidding about feeling dingy tonight and I would hate myself if I messed it up.

John Koenig:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

pappy

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: I am gld there fella a lil' laughter goes a long long way. Take care Sir-D I know all about those meds.
tel...573-380-8206