Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The call you got the most responses from?

Started by turkeymanjim, June 11, 2018, 06:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverspur

Mike Lapp short box Yellowheart over Black Limba
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

SJ Strutter

Tri County Longbeards Chapter President
United Bowhunters of NJ
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Fl strutter

Eddie Wynne persimmon slate and a preacherman wenge over persimmon shorty box wore em pit hear in north Florida this year

Chris O

I was on a mission this year with trumpets and wingbones and had some success with them but one call that I got instantaneous gobbles from was a Jeff White granadillo over black limba short box. Once that back end hit they responded instantly. I did call in a couple birds but didn't get to pull the trigger. I have tremendous confidence in this call and had to order a long box from him in the same combo .

MK M GOBL

Well it's not "New" but my Cody World Class Slate has been the end of more turkeys than all the calls I have ever had... combined.

MK M GOBL

Bowguy

I had a good year w responsive birds, the one newly used call that was fantastic this year was a cedar over butternut longbox by McKamey

sbbow

Jeff White maple/cedar here. That Jeff White grandillo/black limba is a serious player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misfire

Called in 9 birds to well within shotgun range this year using an acrylic trumpet.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

jshark14

Persimmon Hills aluminum. Bought two more for spares!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

Quote from: paboxcall on June 11, 2018, 07:14:19 PM
Spring Creek yellowheart over black limba hewn short box. I was impressed.

Just ordered one from Mike last week. Read lots of good things about that combo.

Clardh

Mine was a Pat Strawser greenslate in a cedar pot. Lonzo ceramic in a Birdseye maple pot and two of Lon Mabry's calls. Walnut over Purple Heart box and his cedar slate.

yelpaholic

marlin watkins bloodwood over apple fiddle box

captpete

It varys from year to year. Over all it was a H.S. Strut Lil' Duece slate until I dropped it and broke the slate. The last 10 years I would say it's a tie between a Gary Taylor(Stone Road Turkey Calls) cherry pot/slate and Woodhaven Cherry Classic slate.

billyb

Yoder409

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 11, 2018, 07:51:59 PM
FoxPro Crooked Spur Rude Snood, of all things.....................

McKamey, Lapp, Watkins, Hudson, Beard.............

I got THIS call from Sportsman's Guide on clearance !!!!

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.