OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indain Creek choke users!

Started by Jourdan_D, February 11, 2011, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jourdan_D

Just got my indain creek choke in today and looking at it on the inside it looks like there are 5 steps inside the choke. i have never seen this in a choke before and i've bought a lot of chokes.  Are your chokes like the one in the pic below or did i get an unfinished choke?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Basser69

Jourdan_D

Mag10

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Basser69 on February 11, 2011, 04:24:24 PM
Are they the "wad strippers?"
they slow the wad letting your shot string out instead of your shot coming out in a mass.  this will give you a better pattern
Good things come to those who wait

Gold Spur

Your IC choke is fine! I have one for my Browning and one for my Beretta and they both look like that.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Jourdan_D

thanks thats all i need to know!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Fullfan

No do not shoot that choke tube. It came off the CNC to soon. Send it to me so I can finish it.

LOL JK. that is the way they come, the ridges strip the wad from the shot.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Don't gobble at me...

hookedspur

I am convinced the folks at IC know what they are doing.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joey46

Check Indian Creek's web site.  There are some Federal shells not recommended for this choke.

Gobble!

Somethings wrong better call IC lol

Skeeterbait

As stated those are the wad catchers and they do a really good job of slowing the wad and seperating the shot from the wad.  Not all IC chokes have them.  They do not put them in their larger ID chokes and you can special order a turkey choke without them.  They will need extra care in cleaning as they collect plastic deposits after a few shots and become less effective.  Scrub them good with a brass brush regularly.

joshua

Thanks for the insight on cleaning Skeeterbait.   :agreed:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

ground control

i have an indian creek as well and it is a great choke, but they can and do chew up the plastic. i generally clean mine every time i shoot it. meaning: i'll pattern the gun, clean it. kill a turkey, clean it. i also use some solvent to loosen the plastic, it gets packed in there pretty good. also, the federal flight controls did not fly with any control at all out of that tube, at least for me. and handful of rocks thrown by a six year old would've been a better pattern. just my $.02. hope you like that choke!
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

VAHUNTER

shooters choice and Butches work great on cleaning a choke. they both will seperate the plastic from the choke
Good things come to those who wait