Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Stabilized, dyed Box Elder burl red slate / Snakewood striker...Sold

Started by Daryl, June 08, 2018, 08:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl

Box Elder burl red slate. Pot has been stabilized and dyed. Sold. I have a sound file I can text if you like.

Pooh4459

1iagobblergetter

bulian82

southern_leo

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Sir-diealot

Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean to be "Pot has been stabilized and dyed." and why is it done? Neat looking call by the way, wish I had the money.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 08, 2018, 09:23:01 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean to be "Pot has been stabilized and dyed." and why is it done? Neat looking call by the way, wish I had the money.
Stabilizing hardens the wood/ fills the pores with epoxy or a similar compound using a pressure pot to force it in the wood.  Dying makes it pretty...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Snoodsniper on June 08, 2018, 09:27:01 PM
Stabilizing hardens the wood/ fills the pores with epoxy or a similar compound using a pressure pot to force it in the wood.  Dying makes it pretty...
Thanks. I assume that filling the pores makes it sound better?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 08, 2018, 09:30:29 PM

Possibly? Could be snake oil?....lol

I don't think I've had any that were stabilized.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Snoodsniper on June 08, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 08, 2018, 09:30:29 PM

Possibly? Could be snake oil?....lol

I don't think I've had any that were stabilized.
lol

John Koenig: