OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OUTSIDE WOODBURNING STOVE

Started by vaturkey, February 11, 2011, 03:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

With all the high electric bills I am thinking about an outside woodburning stove. Any of you folks got any info. I have looked at the HARDY brand. About 7000.00 installed. Thanks for any onfo or contacts.   

VATURKEY :newmascot:                           
Vaturkey

struttin_1

A friend of mine had one installed when he built his house. Not sure on the brand, but he loves his!
He has a good size house to heat and his electric bill is always low. He also has an endless supply of hot water...and I mean hot as soon as you turn on the faucet.
The only downfall is...I hope you like to cut firewood. He burns about 9 -11 cord per year.

wildcat14

I would go with two stage duel fuel heat pump that uses gas for auxiliary heat before I would the stove.  Unless your are in a part or the country where heat pumps aren't used.  I honestly don't see them being worth the trouble or really saving all that much when you get to figuring it up.  Yeah the electric bill will be low.  However, you either have to buy wood or spend the time to to cut, haul, and stack your own.  Then you have to fill the stove up every day.  True that wouldn't take long but if you want to use the stove all the time you have to do it regardless of weather and health.  I just think once you add your wood cost or your time onto your electric bill its not worth the trouble for what you would save.  However, that's just my opinion and you know what they say about those.

shootumindaface

They are extremely popular around here as everyone uses them to heat their home, garage, barn, water and swimming pool.. Folks I know whom have researched them all swear by England brand..

stinkpickle

If you have a cheap and convenient source of firewood, I think it would be a good supplement to your current heat source.

sugarray

My FIL has had one for 8 years now I think and he has loved it.  It will heat quickly, gives endless hot water.  He has a fair amount of land and burns all the dead falls and trees he cuts as trash.  Once going that stove will burn anything.

unclerick

I agree with wildcat about the duel fuel unit, I have alot of customers that have changed over to them and they absolutely love them. Electric and gas bills were cut in half. One thing about an outside woodburner is you still have no heat if the power goes out, with the duel fuel you can always run you a ventless heater in your house to use.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus