Main Menu

TURKEY GUN

Started by TURKEY MASTER, May 05, 2018, 11:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEY MASTER

ITS A NICE GUN FOR SURE.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: TURKEY MASTER on May 07, 2018, 09:55:21 PM
NICE GUNS YALL THERES A FEW GUNS I LIKE BUT THE TWO I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP ON IS THE REMINGTON VERSA MAX SPORTSMAN TURKEY AND THE           WINCHESTER SX3 /SX4. WHAT DO YALL THINK ABOUT THE TWO?

My hunting partner has the Versamax Turkey and it is a really nice turkey gun. I went with the Maxus over it and was going for the SX4 when the Maxus fell into my lap at a steal. The only reason I didn't go with the Versamax is I wanted a 26" all around 12 gauge. The turkey model is the only one of the Versamax line I would have personally.

idgobble

My best turkey gun. Been using it for 60 years.

WALKER80

Quote from: jryser on May 06, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

1967 Browning Auto 5 Magnum 20 with Browning Miroku barrel and 3" handloaded TSS shells. Deadliest gun I've ever owned. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you find the barrel?   I have the same gun and have been looking for a Jap barrel for it.

Turkeytider

Remington 870 Super Mag SP-T 12gauge. `05 vintage, pre-owned with a red dot sight. Thing is like a block of steel hewn into a gun. Solid. Except for patterning, only shot it one time this year. Instantly deceased 21 lb. gobbler at 35 yards.

jryser

Quote from: WALKER80 on May 14, 2018, 11:55:05 AM
Quote from: jryser on May 06, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

1967 Browning Auto 5 Magnum 20 with Browning Miroku barrel and 3" handloaded TSS shells. Deadliest gun I've ever owned. 

Where did you find the barrel?   I have the same gun and have been looking for a Jap barrel for it.
Very difficult to find. I would suggest checking on gun broker.com as often as possible, also get with Brad over at Art's gun shop in Missouri. They specialize in Browning auto fives. Brad sees about one or two of these Japanese barrels a year. Be prepared to pay at least $1000-$1200 for a barrel. Unless you can get lucky like I did and find one at the right place at the right time. 
https://youtu.be/GTWqHgJADFg
There are a few more links on my page that talk more about this gun! Enjoy!