OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TURKEY GUN

Started by TURKEY MASTER, May 05, 2018, 11:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEY MASTER

IM ABOUT TO GET A NEW TURKEY GUN. NOT SURE WHAT IM GONNA GET. WHAT GUN YALL SHOOT?

maddog3355

I shoot a Remington 11/87 but there are lots of good choices out there. What about a Mossberg?

ShootingABN!

I have two that I use...... First is ole school 870 3", the other is a Charles Daly MaxiMag 3.5". When I got my Charles Daly they had a life time warranty, $525 for the turkey model when the other brands were $1K+ for a semi auto..... However Charles Daly went belly up, someone else bought the name and they are back on the market. They use Rem chokes. For the price they used to be, they're wroth a look.

Good luck.

jryser

1967 Browning Auto 5 Magnum 20 with Browning Miroku barrel and 3" handloaded TSS shells. Deadliest gun I've ever owned. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverboy

Quote from: jryser on May 06, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

1967 Browning Auto 5 Magnum 20 with Browning Miroku barrel and 3" handloaded TSS shells. Deadliest gun I've ever owned. 

Now that's a cool old turkey gun. I don't see anybody using them much anymore. I used to work with a guy that had a Browning Light Twelve with Poly Choke. :you_rock:
Listen for the gobble

jryser

Quote from: roverboy on May 06, 2018, 07:13:24 PM

Now that's a cool old turkey gun. I don't see anybody using them much anymore. I used to work with a guy that had a Browning Light Twelve with Poly Choke. :you_rock:

Here's a video of this year's Iowa hunt using my 1962 Sweet 16!!

https://youtu.be/48dcJNQCaf4

roverboy

Great video. That was great. Life's all about getting out there and enjoying yourself. What load did you use in the Sweet 16?
Listen for the gobble

lunghit

I like my Winchester SX3

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

roverboy

Lunghit your guns real nice. I like the cheek piece. I need to do something like that with mine.
Listen for the gobble

land cruiser

Hats off to you for dealing with chronic illness like that.

jryser

Quote from: roverboy on May 06, 2018, 07:46:22 PM
Great video. That was great. Life's all about getting out there and enjoying yourself. What load did you use in the Sweet 16?
Apex 16 ga TSS load in #7!  I'm starting to handload my own this summer!

jryser

Quote from: land cruiser on May 07, 2018, 12:38:39 AM

Hats off to you for dealing with chronic illness like that.
Thanks Land Cruiser!  It makes the tough times a lot more tolerable for sure!!!

TURKEY MASTER

NICE GUNS YALL THERES A FEW GUNS I LIKE BUT THE TWO I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP ON IS THE REMINGTON VERSA MAX SPORTSMAN TURKEY AND THE           WINCHESTER SX3 /SX4. WHAT DO YALL THINK ABOUT THE TWO?

TURKEY MASTER

IF I COULD FIND A REM 11-87 SM WITH A SHORT BARREL I WOULD GET IT THERE JUST HARD TO FIND

jryser

My buddy Dave LOVES his Winchester SX3