turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use Briley Chokes ?

Started by bencattin, April 22, 2011, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencattin

I have an 1100 mag that I had a Briley choke system installed in it years ago. I am wondering if anyone else shoots a Briley choke ?
IF TURKEYS COULD SMELL WE WOULD NEVER KILL ONE!

deadbuck

I shoot Briley .675 hevi shot chokes in a Browning Citori. They do well.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bencattin on April 22, 2011, 06:08:10 PM
I have an 1100 mag that I had a Briley choke system installed in it years ago. I am wondering if anyone else shoots a Briley choke ?

I shoot Briley chokes on occasion. I have one of the very early straight rifled non-ported chokes for my SBE that I used on a very regular basis for turkeys many years ago. It's still an excellent choke.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

bencattin

Clark, the straight rifled choke is what I have . I got it back in the mid to late 90's . What lead shot load would you recommend ? How will it do with Winchester Elite number 6 shot ?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bencattin on April 23, 2011, 08:26:03 AM
Clark, the straight rifled choke is what I have . I got it back in the mid to late 90's . What lead shot load would you recommend ? How will it do with Winchester Elite number 6 shot ?

It seems to do a good job with most of the #6 lead shot, even the Flitecontrol Wad shells. I've also seen good results with all of the tungsten-based shot, WXRHD and Hevi-13 shells.

Thanks,
Clark

bencattin

Thanks. This is my last year of shooting lead shot. These public land birds are getting too tough to kill and I need to extend my range.

fallsflight

I shoot a Briley LM for waterfowl, but I imagine you are asking about Briley turkey chokes.

goblr77

Quote from: fallsflight on April 23, 2011, 04:35:04 PM
I shoot a Briley LM for waterfowl, but I imagine you are asking about Briley turkey chokes.

I know of several folks running that choke on dove fields.

allaboutshooting

I also use a Briley rifled choke in my slug gun for deer. It does a great job with Brenneke K.O. slugs.

Thanks,
Clark

SumToy

I know that a lady at the NWTF shoot had on and it shot good.  They a lot of work in the sporting clay world.   I would say they are one of if not the biggest company on the market. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

trkehunr93

I have a Briley's Hevi-Shot choke in .675 that shoots very well.  I now have a Star Dot in my 835 but I plan on hanging onto the Briley's.

Mag10

I had my Mag 10 fited with briley's thinwall tubes in the mid 80's.

Beretta686

I have a dozen briley tubes for shooting sporting clays, trap and skeet. I love them. I shoot waterfowl and upland birds with them.

I will use the same tubes for HS in my M1 and 682 and 391. I also have several angle port tubes.

On my lead only turkey tubes I have kicks and comp n choke

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005