Looking for a 20 gauge Turkey gun

Started by Red vyper, May 09, 2018, 03:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red vyper

Any suggestions?
Really would like to get a pistol grip model
Thanks

BrowningGuy88

Weatherby SA 459 seems to be the go to semi setup with pistol grip from the factory. It's what I would buy if I wanted a new 20 gauge with a pistol grip.

Red vyper

Thanks never considered a weatherby been looking at the new Winchester's sxp Long beards in mossy oak very nice looking guns

ltprod

Where were you finding them at??
The Sxp  longbeard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red vyper

longbeards

I just bought a Franchi 20, 24 inch barrel,,haven't even got to shoot it yet. Spent the am filing down the screws so the weaver base will attach. Out fitted it with a Bushnell Trophy, which I have one of and love, simple and stable!
I bought the Affinity 3 in the compact model, BUT I am disappointed in how the stock adjusts,,,really cheap plastic shims held on with a wood screw! I called them to see if I could get a regular stock and they told me I would have to call one of their service shops around the country..So I am going to give it a try.
If I had to do it again I belive I would have bought the Stoeger 3020...It looks to me as a good or better gun.

As for finding a 20 check out Reed Sports .com in Minn!! They are outstanding to deal with and will ship to your local ffl for free!!!

Hope to shoot today if it doesn't rain!

Red vyper

wvnut3

Quote from: BrowningGuy88 on May 09, 2018, 05:45:09 PM
Weatherby SA 459 seems to be the go to semi setup with pistol grip from the factory. It's what I would buy if I wanted a new 20 gauge with a pistol grip.
I love mine.Lee

grousec

If I were looking I would have to look at the weatherby sa459.

Fullfan

Quote from: grousec on May 25, 2018, 07:39:27 PM
If I were looking I would have to look at the weatherby sa459.

Have one with a SumToy choke, nasty lil gun with hand loaded  TSS.
Don't gobble at me...

Yoder409

We're all old skool here............

We run 4 different NEF singles between me and my kids.  Two still run lead through Comp-N-Choke XXX-Full tubes.  Two have had the SumToy treatment and run Heavyweight Federals.

Light.  Simple. Indestructible.  Devastating.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.