OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OL SKOOL!!

Started by S.C.C, April 22, 2011, 05:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.C.C

Took an OL friend out yesterday and he decided this bearded hen was good for him. :lol:
He used his Ole Ted Williams 20ga. with polly choke,But I did let him use some of my Federal
Heavy Weight 7's!He hasn't Turk hunted sense I started huntin turks 31 years ago!!Sure tickled
me seeing him get so tore up and shaky over this bird.....Ole Shaky's his new nick name!! :happy0064:

SumToy

You know I got a box full of them that folks send in to cut up to make built barrels.  I think I will play with it to see if I can come up with something to help the old school guys/gals out. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

R AJ

Most of those chokes say to use mod or more open chokes on any steel shot. I wonder what the damages could be if you went to the X-full setting and used HTL. My guess is not much if it is shot very few times.

S.C.C

Quote from: RAJ on April 22, 2011, 11:18:53 AM
Most of those chokes say to use mod or more open chokes on any steel shot. I wonder what the damages could be if you went to the X-full setting and used HTL. My guess is not much if it is shot very few times.
RAJ,we fired this gun 11 times counting the shot that took the bird with the Fed. hwt 7's so far,all were
shot with the Polly screwed as tight as it would go and at 40 yards it shot well for what it is.the bird
was shot at 29 steps stone dead!

SumToy I just sent you a PM about work on this gun for my friend!!!! :you_rock:

redarrow

That's cool. Congrats. Too bad it wasn't a Jake ,you could call him Shaky Jake.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

Looks of his head you did a job on him :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

FullChoke

Quote from: SumToy on April 25, 2011, 10:00:34 PM

Eh, that's a woman.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gobbler74

Great hunt..good times with friends.   :icon_thumright:...you need to whack him in the head with a club though.31 years without turkey huntin? Maybe you can talk some sense into him.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

bowhunter84

congrats on a great hunt with your OL friend!

SumToy

Quote from: FullChoke on April 27, 2011, 09:20:39 PM
Quote from: SumToy on April 25, 2011, 10:00:34 PM

Eh, that's a woman.

Well I am bad to call them a him. lol