turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best aftermarket pistol grip

Started by Tatkins, April 11, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatkins

I have an old 870 youth 20 gauge that has been in the safe since I was a young boy and with all the tss craze that is going on I figured I would pull it out and make it a designated turkey gun.  My question is, what aftermarket pistol grip and stock would be the best for it?

nyhunter

there several out there it mostly depends on what you want for fit to the user, and appeal to the user, there's a nice sure shot stock in the classifieds that would work great,     I have a choate mark 5 on mine and i really like it.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Tatkins on April 11, 2018, 05:00:35 PM
I have an old 870 youth 20 gauge that has been in the safe since I was a young boy and with all the tss craze that is going on I figured I would pull it out and make it a designated turkey gun.  My question is, what aftermarket pistol grip and stock would be the best for it?
I like, trust and use ATI stocks. https://www.atioutdoors.com/
There are many others as well, so you have a number of choices.
I hope that helps some.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

WNCTracker

I used an ATI and liked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNCTracker

I also had a choate. It was OK.

Tatkins

Thanks guys, I am going to do a little research on all those stocks mentioned.

MK M GOBL

Love my Remington ShurShot I put on my 11-87!!

MK M GOBL

davisd9

Have the ATI and very satisfied with it.  Have had one on 2 different guns.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TNTRKYHunter

Another vote for the Shur Shot. Remington 870 20 gauge.

Gobble!

I run a Knoxx on my 12 gauge, like it a lot. Added a KickLite to my sons 20 gauge and have no complaints about it so far.

243kid

kdfester

The Remington ShurShot stock convinced me after a dozen or so turkey loads and my shoulder and cheek wasnt bruised. One or two shots with the factory stock and I was bruised for a week. This alone made it worth it let alone the ease of holding for extended periods of time.

kellyguinn

I am in the same boat with my Mossy 835. Is there any advantage to the recoil reducing stocks that have the spring like the  Phoenix kicklite?

I have been having my eye on either that one or the ATI Shotforce PGS. My biggest problem has been the muzzle rise.

Bamalimbhanger

mesa tactical makes a nice pistol grip stock ..... I have one on a 1187 12 gauge best money I ever spent .. I like it better than the ati which  I also own ... the mesa has a shorter length of pull it is designed for people wearing body armour ....