turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Hunting Public

Started by tha bugman, April 20, 2018, 12:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

Glad to know that someone that is in contact with them is reading this stuff! Jryser, as so many have said, thanks to you and the rest of the crew for giving us real, unpolluted hunting to view! The episodes are second to none! I've watched every single one, and will continue to do so.

jryser

This is a wonderful and humbling thread.  You all have inspired me immensely!  And I've taken phone pics of every single one of these and sent them to the boys.  Don't be surprised to see a few new members on this forum! 

One of the things I have personally enjoyed is making my own videos as well. Fortunately I'm at a place in my life where I would never have nor need a sponsor. I do promote what I have found works for me. I do it for the love of it myself! The Hunting Public follows that same rule. The sponsors they have are people whose products they absolutely believe in and truly use. That was a promise all of them made to each other when they "did their thing".

I really don't want to self promote, however if you do want to see some of the videos I've done on YouTube you can go to Jim Ryser on YouTube and find me there.  It's a place to scratch my GEEK itch of editing, applying what I learned from the fellas, and in general having more fun than a 53-year-old crazy man like me should have!

Thank you for helping me give great feedback to the fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

It's truly great to see someone hunting and not just killing. The Hunting Public videos are A+ in my book! Thanks Guys.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

outdoorsmen

I would love to know the story of why they left Midwest Whitetail. And I kind of like to know the background on each one of them like how do they make money what are their jobs? I assume that they're not married with Children to be able to spend that much time gone

jryser

Quote from: outdoorsmen on May 23, 2018, 05:34:21 PM
I would love to know the story of why they left Midwest Whitetail. And I kind of like to know the background on each one of them like how do they make money what are their jobs? I assume that they're not married with Children to be able to spend that much time gone
They were more than ready to try a different direction. They decided to roll it. Many conversations led to them jumping in; ironically I was going through very similar career change, passion versus "safe" for lack of a better way of saying it. So we used both lines of direction and all said "in a year we will look back and say YEAH!"  Took three months!  Lol. 

We ALL remain grateful to Midwest Whitetail for what we all learned together. I started writing for MW the second year, that's how I came to know THP as they came in as interns and then employees. Greg, Aaron and I developed a very close working relationship to the point they could text me a scenario and a tune would be in their WeTransfer that nite.  Zach, Jake and Corndog have begun that same journey with me so I can honor their tastes in music - it's not uncommon for me to say "Here's a Greg tune...here's a Corndog tune". I name them after things that happen.

It was a natural progression for me to join them when they left MW. 

No kids. Greg married, the rest have a GF except corndog who is the sweetest fella I've ever met. Worked it to be able to HUNT and sacrificed A LOT to be able to do this full time with no pressure to "promote" which is extremely important to them and me too.
I loved another quote in here - no "booyah"

For me, I'm happily married with 2 girls and 4 grands. I am a Hospital exec with a firm hand in the clinical world; I work in chronic pain and addiction. It's my calling and my batteries get charged by working with THP, which I consider a great gift!  I'm more "the 5th Beatle" than anything, and I'm glad I have been able to learn so much from such a real group of fellas.

The studio:

JMalin

It's really cool to have an insider's perspective on the group.  I really think there's a hunger for authenticity that goes far beyond the realm of outdoor programming.  We're inundated with the commercialization/corporatization/fakeness.  Keeping up with the Jones'.  Instant gratification.  Auto tune, Snapchat filters, celebrity gossip, unimaginative comic book movies, bro country, garbage in general across the entire spectrum of pop culture.  And here's just a group of guys doing what they are passionate about and we're fortunate enough to tag along with them as they record their adventures.  You can't fake their enthusiasm, or the discouraging times we've all felt when the birds just aren't playing ball the way we'd like them to.  Y'all are going places!  I feel a bit like a cool kid just for being a fan of this at its infancy because I know you guys are only going to get a larger and larger following.

stinkpickle

....aaaaand I'm still binge watching.

Ross R

It is incredibly refreshing to watch. I have really enjoyed watching this season. I just started watching a few of the deer shows also.

jryser

Make sure if u have insta or FB to watch the podcasts!!  Talk about addictive.

jryser

Quote from: JMalin on May 23, 2018, 08:34:58 PM
It's really cool to have an insider's perspective on the group.  I really think there's a hunger for authenticity that goes far beyond the realm of outdoor programming.  We're inundated with the commercialization/corporatization/fakeness.  Keeping up with the Jones'.  Instant gratification.  Auto tune, Snapchat filters, celebrity gossip, unimaginative comic book movies, bro country, garbage in general across the entire spectrum of pop culture.  And here's just a group of guys doing what they are passionate about and we're fortunate enough to tag along with them as they record their adventures.  You can't fake their enthusiasm, or the discouraging times we've all felt when the birds just aren't playing ball the way we'd like them to.  Y'all are going places!  I feel a bit like a cool kid just for being a fan of this at its infancy because I know you guys are only going to get a larger and larger following.
I like the "auto tune" reference. I record audio like they do video - real, raw, full of mistakes but from the heart. They will outgrow me soon enough but I don't think they will outgrow their mission. They know the way the business works and that's their charm - those around them know they know it too!

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: JMalin on May 23, 2018, 08:34:58 PM
Well said!

WiLL B

I've watched every show this spring. Been watching since I discovered them a year or so ago. This spring has been the best!

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: jryser on May 23, 2018, 08:09:03 AM
Quote from: Bolandstrutters on May 23, 2018, 08:06:27 AM
Quote from: jryser on May 22, 2018, 04:33:52 PM
I'm as close a member from this group to THP.

I write, record, and produce all the music for the show. A labor of love Bc THESE GUYS ARE THE REAL DEAL. Plus they keep me healthy! 

My hunt was a private land hunt this year Bc of new health issues - but the spirit of what we all do is to do the best we can with what we have and that's brotherhood, time teaching and learning, and growing together. They know about this page and the great support from you, and their views reflect that.

https://youtu.be/48dcJNQCaf4

Enjoy unless u prefer not to watch a private land hunt; then as the stormtrooper said, move along, move along...

I've really enjoyed the music you've produced for the show.  Your episode really hit home being I battle with ulcerative colitis.  There was a time where I didn't think id be able to hunt or do anything else I enjoy.  Glad to see you were able to get out and get yourself a bird, things will only get better.
Man that means a lot to hear this. Everybody says your first year is the hardest and I would have to agree. We are switching medications right now as I did not do well on the first one. Honestly if it weren't for turkey hunting and music to distract me this would be a lot more difficult. Your words give me hope and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this post.

PS - depends, a Coleman mattress, and a bit of steroids kept me level enough to get all 4 turkey tags filled this year!! 

The first flare up is definitely the worst.  I spent most of my first year in the emergency room or bathroom floors curled up in a ball.  Your body is completely caught off guard by it.  Your immune system will learn how to fight them off much better, if not completely.  It's easy to read all the bad stuff online and think your life is just going to be ruined, but ignore that crap.  The doctors will find you the right meds to get you into remission.  I keep up to date on all the latest treatments for crohnes and colitis and I believe we are close to a cure.  The gene editing technology is a game changer for diseases like ours.  I haven't had a major flare up in 4 years now.  Eat good, exercise and stay stress free as much as possible.  Feel free to message me if you have anything you want to talk about. 

jryser

Quote from: Bolandstrutters on May 24, 2018, 08:26:28 AM
Quote from: jryser on May 23, 2018, 08:09:03 AM
Quote from: Bolandstrutters on May 23, 2018, 08:06:27 AM
Quote from: jryser on May 22, 2018, 04:33:52 PM
I'm as close a member from this group to THP.

I write, record, and produce all the music for the show. A labor of love Bc THESE GUYS ARE THE REAL DEAL. Plus they keep me healthy! 

My hunt was a private land hunt this year Bc of new health issues - but the spirit of what we all do is to do the best we can with what we have and that's brotherhood, time teaching and learning, and growing together. They know about this page and the great support from you, and their views reflect that.

https://youtu.be/48dcJNQCaf4

Enjoy unless u prefer not to watch a private land hunt; then as the stormtrooper said, move along, move along...

I've really enjoyed the music you've produced for the show.  Your episode really hit home being I battle with ulcerative colitis.  There was a time where I didn't think id be able to hunt or do anything else I enjoy.  Glad to see you were able to get out and get yourself a bird, things will only get better.
Man that means a lot to hear this. Everybody says your first year is the hardest and I would have to agree. We are switching medications right now as I did not do well on the first one. Honestly if it weren't for turkey hunting and music to distract me this would be a lot more difficult. Your words give me hope and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this post.

PS - depends, a Coleman mattress, and a bit of steroids kept me level enough to get all 4 turkey tags filled this year!! 

The first flare up is definitely the worst.  I spent most of my first year in the emergency room or bathroom floors curled up in a ball.  Your body is completely caught off guard by it.  Your immune system will learn how to fight them off much better, if not completely.  It's easy to read all the bad stuff online and think your life is just going to be ruined, but ignore that crap.  The doctors will find you the right meds to get you into remission.  I keep up to date on all the latest treatments for crohnes and colitis and I believe we are close to a cure.  The gene editing technology is a game changer for diseases like ours.  I haven't had a major flare up in 4 years now.  Eat good, exercise and stay stress free as much as possible.  Feel free to message me if you have anything you want to talk about.
I don't mind sharing a bit publicly on our forum - you can google "Jimmy Ryser" and "Jim Ryser" and learn about spina bifida and the 55 surgeries I've had. As you said this one has rocked my world in ways I couldn't have foreseen. The biggest reason I'm even sharing this here is Bc I think this forum knows the healing power of hunting, fellowship, and support - rather than competition which is what much of the hunting industry is about. I appreciate your honesty and help and I will PM you so we can keep this thread moving on how much we love THP and what we stand for!!!

SteelerFan