only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Hunting Public

Started by tha bugman, April 20, 2018, 12:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jryser

Quote from: SteelerFan on May 22, 2018, 06:15:33 PM
Quote from: jryser on May 22, 2018, 04:33:52 PM
I'm as close a member from this group to THP.

I write, record, and produce all the music for the show. A labor of love Bc THESE GUYS ARE THE REAL DEAL. Plus they keep me healthy! 

My hunt was a private land hunt this year Bc of new health issues - but the spirit of what we all do is to do the best we can with what we have and that's brotherhood, time teaching and learning, and growing together. They know about this page and the great support from you, and their views reflect that.

https://youtu.be/48dcJNQCaf4

Enjoy unless u prefer not to watch a private land hunt; then as the stormtrooper said, move along, move along...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ALL for some of the most enjoyable hunting videos to come along in a long time. You have captured the integrity and realism that was so often forgotten.

I will gladly watch an entire episode or season of THP videos killing nothing before I ever watch another "Booyaaa" type show!
Yes indeed SteelerFan!!  The integrity of the guys is what sets them aside and that's WHY they did the leap. They didn't want to be sponsored by anyone they truly don't believe in. And THAT is rare.

cuppednlocked

jryser,

The message from your hunt is just one reason I enjoy THP series.  The guys are doing exactly what I dream about being able to do.  It's obvious that they have set themselves apart from the "norm".  It's obvious that they are all genuine and aren't making the same tired videos that are so common.

Give them a pat on the back from me next time you see them.

jryser

Quote from: cuppednlocked on May 22, 2018, 09:47:04 PM
jryser,

The message from your hunt is just one reason I enjoy THP series.  The guys are doing exactly what I dream about being able to do.  It's obvious that they have set themselves apart from the "norm".  It's obvious that they are all genuine and aren't making the same tired videos that are so common.

Give them a pat on the back from me next time you see them.
Done!  They know now they have a good bunch of folks who appreciate them here - Stormbringer is so humble - I tell him how they save my sanity by letting me write music for em, they tell me the show's not the same without my stuff. The truest form of TEAM and each and every hunt is EVERYONE'S success. No competition. If I sound like I'm gushing it's because I am!!  I'm more proud of playing for them than for all the music I did when it was my career including playing in John Mellencamp's band back in the 90's!

stinkpickle

I'm glad I opened this thread.  And I had important things to do...    ;)

Tomfoolery

Right on! Another like from me. You guys do a great job.

jryser

Thanks Tomfoolery and Stinkpickle (my new favorite name)!!!

Bolandstrutters

I write, record, and produce all the music for the show. A labor of love Bc THESE GUYS ARE THE REAL DEAL. Plus they keep me healthy! 

My hunt was a private land hunt this year Bc of new health issues - but the spirit of what we all do is to do the best we can with what we have and that's brotherhood, time teaching and learning, and growing together. They know about this page and the great support from you, and their views reflect that.

Enjoy unless u prefer not to watch a private land hunt; then as the stormtrooper said, move along, move along...

I've really enjoyed the music you've produced for the show.  Your episode really hit home being I battle with ulcerative colitis.  There was a time where I didn't think id be able to hunt or do anything else I enjoy.  Glad to see you were able to get out and get yourself a bird, things will only get better.

jryser

Quote from: Bolandstrutters on May 23, 2018, 08:06:27 AM

I've really enjoyed the music you've produced for the show.  Your episode really hit home being I battle with ulcerative colitis.  There was a time where I didn't think id be able to hunt or do anything else I enjoy.  Glad to see you were able to get out and get yourself a bird, things will only get better.
Man that means a lot to hear this. Everybody says your first year is the hardest and I would have to agree. We are switching medications right now as I did not do well on the first one. Honestly if it weren't for turkey hunting and music to distract me this would be a lot more difficult. Your words give me hope and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this post.

PS - depends, a Coleman mattress, and a bit of steroids kept me level enough to get all 4 turkey tags filled this year!! 

lil foot

great show. haven't missed a turkey tour episode.

POk3s

Bolandstrutters you took the words right out of my mouth.

Jryser your hunt brought me back to when I was first diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and wondering what in the world was going on. Hoping I could find a medication that works, etc, etc. it was a special hunt for me to watch not only because of commonality but it also reminds me of things I needed to do to remain healthy. I may have shed a tear or two ;) Keep the great music coming!!!

cwb04

Quote from: jryser on May 23, 2018, 08:09:03 AM

Man that means a lot to hear this. Everybody says your first year is the hardest and I would have to agree. We are switching medications right now as I did not do well on the first one. Honestly if it weren't for turkey hunting and music to distract me this would be a lot more difficult. Your words give me hope and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this post.

PS - depends, a Coleman mattress, and a bit of steroids kept me level enough to get all 4 turkey tags filled this year!! 

jyrser - prayers out to you that your health issues will improve.  I watched your hunt a week or so ago and was thinking to myself about all the things we take for granted.   

I cut my teeth on public land so those hunts hit close to home with me.  In recent years I have hunted a lot more private land and I can tell you this without starting a whole new discussion because its been hashed out way to many times.  A turkey is a turkey is a turkey.  Pressure on public lands can make them tough, but they can be tough on private land as well.

Like you and the guys - I am going to hunt them wherever the opportunity presents itself. 

Tell the guys to keep doing EXACTLY what they are doing - absolutely love it.  You my friend - Stay after it and may God Bless! 

coachA

The Best hunting videos on YouTube! I randomly watched a video the recommended on YouTube and was hooked. Now I make sure to check there channel daily to see if they have anything new up. I am sure the popularity of their videos will lead to them have much more success in the Outdoor industry. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a full show with the sponsors in the near future. Just hope it doesn't change them and the way they do their shows. Great job guys!

TauntoHawk

Real hunting done right not something easy to find on TV or YouTube

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

birdhunterdave

Best turkey hunting vids out there! I really like watching these guys hunt,100% real turkey hunters..not some buncha b.s show like the rest.

outdoorsmen

I actually kind of hope they do not get sponsors and do not change the way they are that will take the Purity out of the way they do it. It won't be like some half hour commercial like most of the other shows. I'll send it turns into business instead of hunting