OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lyman Strikers

Started by hunter22, April 18, 2018, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I have been a huge fan of Bill's work for years. Strikers, pot calls, short box calls, long box, soft talkers...... His calls do what they were designed to do.... call turkeys. Lot of recent interest in his strikers and I have been fortunate to recently add to my collection.

L to R: Snakewood, Snakewood, Snakewood, Snakewood, Camo Dymondwood, Camo Dymondwood, Red Dymondwood, Grey Dymondwood, Dymalux

L to R: Black Locust, Cedar, Dogwood, Lilac, Yellowheart, Yelowheart, Hickory, Persimmon, Osage

L to R: Asian Ironwood, Zebrawood, Pink Ivory, Bocote, Ebony, Desert Ironwood, Desert Ironwood, Black & White Ebony, Tulipwood

L to R: Wenge, Padauk, Walnut, Ipe, Redheart, Bubinga, Macassar Ebony, Macassar Ebony, Purpleheart

KentuckyHeadhunter

Wow Rickey VERY nice collection! 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

eorlando

What Allen said!!!! Impressive for sure but I would expect nothing less from you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chris O

Very nice indeed!! Is lilac a hard or soft wood? I haven't heard of that one, thanks for sharing

hunter22

Quote from: Chris O on April 18, 2018, 06:00:28 PM
Very nice indeed!! Is lilac a hard or soft wood? I haven't heard of that one, thanks for sharing

Lilac is a fairly soft wood. It sounds great on slate calls. One of my favorites.

1iagobblergetter

doublespurs21

Chris O

Quote from: hunter22 on April 18, 2018, 06:38:41 PM
Quote from: Chris O on April 18, 2018, 06:00:28 PM

Lilac is a fairly soft wood. It sounds great on slate calls. One of my favorites.
Thanks Hunter I need to get one to try

callmakerman

Rickey has more strikers in his collection than I have in stock. LOL For those who have asked. Lilac is not something I offer as it's hard to come by. If by chance you come across a piece to dry it splits so bad that you may never get a piece big enough to turn. Most pieces have a bad twist in them and their the worst when it comes to the splitting.

sbbow

Very nice Rickey thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATROX

It's a nest! Lol. Awesome man, I'm jealous

Triple B

Wow, Rickey that is an impressive set of Lyman's strikers for sure.

idratherb

Rickey your house has to be about 5,000 sq ft for all your loot, lord have mercy

hunter22

Jeff.... Wife gave me a couple rooms for my toys.