OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey's on my farm finally!

Started by Limbstrutter, February 11, 2011, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbstrutter

Two years ago I posted on here a question how many's turkeys is enough to hunt because I had seen a few. Well last year I scouted the property and found out there were more birds then I first thought. I wanted to thank everyone that told me to go ahead and hunt them . Because now their everywhere  :z-guntootsmiley: While out last year I listened to at least 10 different birds
and had an encounter with a double bearded jake, man I hope he made it through the winter and everything else. While out shed hunting Wed. the fields and tractor paths were covered with Turkey tracks so I'm hoping for a good year. Oh by the way  I did take one there last year 21 pounds 10" beard 1 1/4 " Spurs, LEFT the rest for breeding stock. Come on spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

Basser69

timbrhuntr

Aewsome. One of the farms I hunted for the past ten years I never saw a turkey. About 3 years ago I saw one hen. Now they are all over the place. I guess it doesn't take long if they decide they like the surroundings.

Crutch

Two years ago I saw a hen by itself across the creek from a piece of property I own.  Last year there were hens in the yard and across the road I kill a tom on my dads farm.  It was like it went from nothing to a worthwhile place to hunt.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

PANYHunter

Good to Hear and good luck with them this spring.  If there are too many birds on your property I'm sure some people here will help manage them for you.  ;D

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

hookedspur

Theres no place like the family farm to build memories !!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BamaStrut

Congrats, I am hoping in the next few years I will have some turkeys on mine, plenty of deer but no turkeys so far.

turkey slayer

TauntoHawk

Im hoping for that this year, 3 years ago their were 2 hens on a farm I archery hunt on, then 5 hens in the fall. the next spring their were a couple of jakes and a tom, hunted it twice but couldnt close on the tom and left the jakes. this past archery season there were at least 20-30 birds roosting the one ridge so im hoping for some gobbler action in a few months down there.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>