Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEW SHOOTER FOLLOWED ME HOME (picture added)

Started by pullit, April 20, 2011, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

Congratulations. I bet you are going to love it.

pullit

Thanks guys, I got the barrel polished out tonight and was going to mount my new FF2, but ran into a little problem, so that will have to wait til next week.
I went to BPS today and picked up a Limbsaver recoil pad and a Claw sling for her as well. Hope to get hose on her tomorrow night.

oklahomaboy

Quote from: pullit on April 21, 2011, 10:34:31 PM
Thanks guys, I got the barrel polished out tonight and was going to mount my new FF2, but ran into a little problem, so that will have to wait til next week.
I went to BPS today and picked up a Limbsaver recoil pad and a Claw sling for her as well. Hope to get hose on her tomorrow night.

John, I know you're excited about the new shotgun, but don't forget the lipstick and garter belt!  You're going to love her.

pullit

Quote from: oklahomaboy on April 24, 2011, 08:19:46 AM

John, I know you're excited about the new shotgun, but don't forget the lipstick and garter belt!  You're going to love her.

Wally, I don't have any of that stuff, but I am sure your a good enough friend that you will let me borrow yours..... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: oklahomaboy on April 24, 2011, 08:19:46 AM

John, I know you're excited about the new shotgun, but don't forget the lipstick and garter belt!  You're going to love her.

:toothy12:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gold Spur

Good looking rig! What choke do you have on your mind?
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Ky strutt n bust n

pullit

Quote from: Gold Spur on April 26, 2011, 10:24:25 PM
Good looking rig! What choke do you have on your mind?

I have not made up my mind on one yet. I have only shot two shots out of it so far.

hookedspur

Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 21, 2011, 12:09:34 PM
Awesome John, let us know how she prints!
Nice ,Looks like it will cure the Gobbling fever some turkeys get.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gobbler74

The first 935's had some hiccups but seems mossberg has ironed out the problems in the last few years. I bought the grand slam 935 22" in new breakup the first year they came out. Had some issues with the breech being too tight but mossberg put it in the machine shop and took care of that. It shoots slick now. 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

nyhunter

I'm seriously lookin at buying a 935 also, what is the holly grail  choke for the over bored Mossy's?  probably will shoot H-13 or win. xtended range shells

pullit

Quote from: nyhunter on April 28, 2011, 08:27:53 PM
I'm seriously lookin at buying a 935 also, what is the holly grail  choke for the over bored Mossy's?  probably will shoot H-13 or win. xtended range shells

would love to know that myself....

bbcoach

The HOLY GRAIL choke for the overbored 835 and 935 are the .670 Pure Gold or the .676 Stardot,  if you can find one.  Couple these chokes with the Hevi-13 3 1/2" #7's and you have a gun that will kill Turkeys well past where you feel comfortable shooting.   

Congratulations on your 935 purchase.  You will Fall in Love and develop a Lifetime of Memories, with her.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I got your answer.  Either a Pure Gold .670 or a Star Dot is you can find one.  The Pure Gold shoots the best shot number overall 20" pattern and almost equals the Star Dot in the 10" as well.  That's what I would opt for is a PureGold.