Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEW SHOOTER FOLLOWED ME HOME (picture added)

Started by pullit, April 20, 2011, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullit

Well I went into a gun shop today and a Mossberg 935 followed me home. I have read so much on here about how well a 835 patterns that I thought I might try one at some point. The hold back was the recoil that everyone talks about on an 835. I saw the 935 and thought that this might tame the recoil some so, it came home with me. It is used but in good shape, 24 inch barrel, in Realtree Hardwoods camo. Now I need to polish the barrel, find a choke and see how she shoots.
I will try and get some pictures tomorrow night.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Gobble!

thats a great shooting gun
Congrats

goblr77

gophert

I HATE when that happens.  Did that on a Glock 26 subcompact the other day. 

cannonball

Congrats on the 935, it's a great turkey gun.

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Looking forward to seeing the results, and the pics of the 935.

God Bless,
David B.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: pullit on April 20, 2011, 10:21:55 PM
Well I went into a gun shop today and a Mossberg 935 followed me home. I have read so much on here about how well a 835 patterns that I thought I might try one at some point. The hold back was the recoil that everyone talks about on an 835. I saw the 935 and thought that this might tame the recoil some so, it came home with me. It is used but in good shape, 24 inch barrel, in Realtree Hardwoods camo. Now I need to polish the barrel, find a choke and see how she shoots.

Congratulations! I really like my 935 and it's a patterning machine. I'd recommend that you just "deep clean" that barrel and see how it patterns before you do anything else. That may well be all that it needs.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

grousec

I had  the same thing happen a year ago, only I came home with a new one.  I did the deep cleaning that Clark told me to do and love my 935, shooting machine!!

mossy835

You will like that shotgun. I have the 835 model and I did that to be able to shoot 2 3/4 shells at pheasants. I would recommend a Limb Saver recoil pad to tame it down even farther than just the auto action.Hope it serves you well for a long time.

bowhunter84

Reloader

Sweet John, I'm ready to hear how that bad boy patterns.

A handload of hevi 7s and the SD, PG, or ST oughta make it eat the paper.

JUGHEAD

Awesome!  I'm right there with you...I've got one on the way via UPS myself, as we speak.  I've also got an SSX .670 on its way too.  Planning on shooting Hevi 3.5 #7's....hope they do good.

Where do I find out about this "deep cleaning"?  I've also got all the stuff on it's way from Brownell's to do the barrel polishing that is a sticky at the top of this forum.  Thought about waiting to do the polishing til after season and the initial, finding out what it likes, general patterning.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

West Augusta

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 20, 2011, 11:05:43 PM
Quote from: pullit on April 20, 2011, 10:21:55 PM

Congratulations! I really like my 935 and it's a patterning machine. I'd recommend that you just "deep clean" that barrel and see how it patterns before you do anything else. That may well be all that it needs.

Thanks,
Clark

Agreed.  That is all my 870 needed.  But I cleaned it 4 times before I shot it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Those 935's are good shotguns and they are selling them like crazy.