OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Gun Question

Started by Bottomland, April 29, 2018, 06:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Im strongly considering buying the M2 20 Compact..... Has anyone else done the same? I am an adult but sometimes the standard length of pull on stocks I feel like can be long when sitting against a tree.  I think the compact will be easier to get down on the barrel when sitting up on a tree.  Any comments?

BINK McCARTY

Only thing I would be careful of is how close your "trigger" hand comes to your face....wouldn't want to get busted in the nose!!!!

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on April 30, 2018, 12:59:55 AM
Only thing I would be careful of is how close your "trigger" hand comes to your face....wouldn't want to get busted in the nose!!!!

This is my problem with short stocks. I have the youth 870 20 and if I don't pay close attention, my thumb knuckle hits me in the nose every time I shoot a turkey load through it. That hasn't happened to me on a single other gun, even the 835's with 3.5" Winchesters.

But, other than that one small issue the youth/compact guns are AWESOME

backforty

I bought an 870 youth model for the exact reason your talking about. My 835 always felt too long when I was against a tree or in my lounger.  my 870 feels great and have not had any issues with busting myself in the nose.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

aclawrence

Doesn't the M2 compact still have a 24" barrel?  I can't find any little autos with short barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

land cruiser

Yes it does, in 20ga definitely.