OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SX2

Started by otis, March 25, 2018, 09:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otis

Who is shooting Winchester SX2 3.5 how do they shoot are they a nice gun looking to get one

nc358007

I've had one for a decade and it has failed me on only 2 occasions.  The first was the day after I purchased it. The shell lifter snapped at it's hinge. No problem with that since.  The second failure came after dropping it through the ice while duck hunting.  It fired shell number 1 but failed to cycle the second. This was clearly no fault of the gun though. I don't have a round count but I'd wager it's several thousand at this point.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fullfan

I have one with the NWTF on the stock. All my turkey guns are just that, only used in the spring to kill gobblers. I call it the field howitzer, with a rhino choke and Nitro Rays shells it is a dandy for field hunting. Kind of on the heavy side though. Have not hunted it in 10 years.
Don't gobble at me...

superx2

I got one new from when they first came out. never had any sort of problems with it. have shot countless shells from 2 3/4 clay loads to 3 1/2. clean it up once a year when season ends thats it.

owlhoot

I have had 2 of them . One 24"and one 28". Both shot without any problems and both pattern great. Good barrels on them for those 3 1/2" loads . Mine liked the old stardot choke.They outshot numerous 835's friends had with federal turkey loads and field cannons are a good word to use for them.

A bit heavy though.
Both shot dove loads great too.

deadbuck

I bought a used one from a friend and my son and I both used it on ducks and turkeys for 4-5 years before he wanted a benelli. Sold it and got all my money back. Built like a tank!

Double R

I currently own 2 of them. My son currently shoots them. We hunt waterfowl heavily, turkey, and slugs for whitetail. We have shot probably close to 1000 rounds combined out of them without a jam. We have shot many 3 1/2" shells waterfowling and shoot 3" longbeards and magnum blends for Turkey. It patterns very even with the patternmaster code black turkey choke.  I clean them once a year is all unless out in the rain. They are a bit heavier than my Benelli's and Franchi's but are a very solid soft shooting gun.

deadbuck

Let me add that mine was the black synthetic version. I have 2 friends that bought the camo version when they first came out and the camo comes off easily in areas that get worn a lot and the finish is yellow underneath the camo. Their guns look bad but still function good.

longislandloco

A very under rated gun, clearly out classes many of todays auto's.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

otis

I  just bought one  From a guy he said he never shot it and looks like brand new shape i paid 400

Double R

The two i have are camo and I've had no finish coming off issues.  Mine are not the Dura Touch.  From what i've seen those are the ones with the issues I believe.

outdoorsmen

I have 2 and one sx3. One of the sx2's is my dedicated turkey gun. It is the universal hunter that is 26" barrel and drilled and tapped. I have an AimPoint comp M4 scope on it. I had ballistic Specialties Port forcing cone and give it a trigger job. I absolutely love the way that it shoots with Indian Creek 655 choke and hevi shot #6 2 1/4 oz 3 1/2 in

NYshotgunner

Excellent gun, if I wasn't a pump gun man I'd have one.
"Don't go pokin' at it, don't over think it"
NRA Life Member, Veteran