OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Two new Turkey guns today.....

Started by TJK68, March 27, 2018, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJK68

I been thinking about buying a new Turkey gun for a while now, wanted a semi-auto. I have been looking hard at the Benelli M2 American, but the other day found a new Stoeger M3500 Steadygrip in Mossy Oak. I could not make up my mind, so today, did a little trading and I bought both. I think from what I have read on here going to get a Jeb's  .655 for the M2 and get a Hevi-13 choke for the M3500. I will be shooting Winchester LB's #6's and Federal Heavyweight 7's. So what say you on my choke selections?
Thanks Tom

TJK68

Quote from: Drakehammer on March 27, 2018, 08:02:59 PM
There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason between your shotgun-choke-ammo selections.  Try it I guess???  That's all.
Lol.... the rhyme or reason is from reading posts on here, that state alot of guys on here use those chokes for those particular guns with good luck, and most want to know what shells you will be shooting. Benelli's like tighter chokes, hence the .655 and most say the M3500 gets good results with the Hevi-13 choke, .656. So just asking for similar results. Thanks for your reply....

TJK68

No harm, no foul. No worries my friend. ;)

Tony Hawkins

I looked at a Benelli m2 American in MO Bottomland last weekend. Sending you a pm.

Big Jeremy

Regardless of the gun, or intended loads, I recommend Sumtoy chokes above all others.