OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unicoi versus NWTF nationals

Started by Harty, February 01, 2019, 06:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ol bob

Its 5 min. from Helen Ga. and a long way to anything else.

Greg Massey

Quote from: ol bob on February 03, 2019, 12:07:53 PM
Its 5 min. from Helen Ga. and a long way to anything else.
Amen , you got that right ....

Spitten and drummen

Unicoi hands down. Been to both and this is my honest opinion
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

aclawrence

Does anyone ever watch any of the calling contest in Nashville?  I was hoping to go see a little of it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

I have been a NWTF member since 1978. That said, I will never go to the NWTF National Convention again. It's a shell of what it once was. Unicoi on the other hand is continuing to improve and is THE place to get to meet custom callmakers and run their masterpieces.
Royal Slam 2008

BBR12

As already mentioned NWTF is big and loud. It falls about my anniversary weekend so me and the wife have made a weekend out of it the last two years. There is a whole lot to see and Nashville is a cool town. I have enjoyed watching some of the turkey call competitions and going to a few of the seminars. I don't really care, but you will constantly be walking by known outdoor celebrities if your in to that.
Unicoi is a small with many great custom call makers. I made a quick one day trip this year as the wife could not go and I had to work Saturday. I will definitely be going back to Unicoi and may take the wife just not as much to do.
Which one I go to from now on will basically be based on my time off cause I'm not burning vacation to go. I work shift work and the only day I could do either this year was Friday at Unicoi.

Harty

So I will be going to UNICOI based on this thread. My only concern is that my wife will be coming. She is the one saying we should go! Is there anything to do in Helen? Any great places to eat? I want her to enjoy the trip too.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Harty on February 05, 2019, 02:05:44 PM
So I will be going to UNICOI based on this thread. My only concern is that my wife will be coming. She is the one saying we should go! Is there anything to do in Helen? Any great places to eat? I want her to enjoy the trip too.
I message you call me on my cell....