turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use a Benelli M2 Tactic for Turkey

Started by 243kid, March 10, 2018, 08:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

243kid

I like the steady grip and the compactness of the gun...

Not sure about the 18" Barrel giving me an acceptable pattern?

Borden811

I use one, but I pulled the rear ghost ring sight sight off of it, and put a 21" vent rib field barrel on it. Never tried any turkey loads through it, as I didn't like the sights on it for low light situations. I've ran about every shell made through mine with all kinds of different chokes(probably 10 plus). A lot of the combos gave me good patterns, but I never ran across a combo that was "amazing". I've got 8 boxes of federal TSS 9s sitting here to mess with. I'm just waiting for a member to mail my cokes back I let hm borrow n September, so I can get some test patterns shot. If you search my name in the benelli pattern forum, you can read about my experiences. PM me if you have any specific questions.

WV Ridge Reaper

Borden 811 if you need some chokes for this year or when if you ever get yours back I'll take care of you,just a PM away.

OP I don't run the tactic gun,I have a 21 inch barrel M2 don't have anything bad to say about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obro

WV I have same gun . What choke and ammo are you using ?

Magdump

Not exactly the M2 but I have used the Benelli M4 (quite similar to the M2 in many respects and the same exact concept) or my first several turkeys.  Outstanding turkey gun!!!  I found it patterned great!  But some states (like MA) hold such "assault shotguns" to be unlawful so I have switched over to a turkey gun (an over/under 12 gauge turkey gun) that is allowed in all states, even the gun hating states. 

Maine 2015:
55 Yards- my first bird

Ohio last Spring:

Both of these were close shots, about 20 yards or so.

a field hunt bird

a deep woods mountain ridge hunt bird