turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hunting with HECS

Started by rja, March 08, 2018, 02:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

To the op. This forum is loaded w experience. Look at the how many springs thread from last year. It's mind boggling how long some guys been at it. Anyway none of em resorted to gimmicks killing birds. More like solid technique. Use that. It'll work better than some hecs thing.

Rzrbac

I've watched a few of the shows with the HECs suit. It looks convincing for sure but I'll guarantee you, you can do the same stuff without one. For turkeys, it's all about sitting still, for deer, elk and predators it's all about the wind.

renegade19

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 12, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
I've watched a few of the shows with the HECs suit. It looks convincing for sure but I'll guarantee you, you can do the same stuff without one. For turkeys, it's all about sitting still, for deer, elk and predators it's all about the wind.

I have to admit that their "show" is interesting and looks convincing.  That being said, I've had a flock of fall birds within spitting range while sitting basically in the open, decked out in orange while hunting deer.  I'd also say that their "science' behind the product is intriguing.  I won't be buying any but I think it could be plausible.  We need Mythbusters on this!!!

TomRC

Ozonics..........HECS..........can't wait to see what's next :)

LaLongbeard

It's a gimmick just like the scent loc suits if you remember there sales pitch was pretty good also but the whole carbon/ scent loc thing was proved to be a scam. A group of bowhunters in Michigan filed a suit and scent loc had to change the wording on there adds. Hecs is just another scam and I'm sure there making truckloads of money. You don't have to have a good product you just have to convince the gullible and desperate that they can pay to cut corners off learning to hunt.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

SinGin

Could a person just spray paint a bunch of aluminum foil in a camo patter and save a few bucks? I think I have seen everything now, we really need a face palm emoji.

bbcoach

Quote from: sparky153 on March 12, 2018, 06:56:32 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on March 12, 2018, 06:17:31 PM
Just did a multi meter check on myself and can't get any electrical energy to generate, so I'll PASS.

I dont think a DMM will be able to pick up the current we generate.  Usually you need an EKG or other specialized equiptment.
I WISH the season would get here, PEOPLE are getting TOO SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g8rvet

Quote from: renegade19 on March 12, 2018, 09:06:17 PM
Quote from: Rzrbac on March 12, 2018, 07:19:18 PM

I have to admit that their "show" is interesting and looks convincing.  That being said, I've had a flock of fall birds within spitting range while sitting basically in the open, decked out in orange while hunting deer.  I'd also say that their "science' behind the product is intriguing.  I won't be buying any but I think it could be plausible.  We need Mythbusters on this!!!
I had 2 jakes, full strut, gobbling their heads off, rattling my fillings at 5 yards.  No decoy.  They must have gobbled 100 times. They were so close I squinted my eyes so I would scare them with a blink (was hoping Tom would show up to whoop them).  Had a hen at 4 long steps finally putt when I believe she saw my breathing.  Cheapo leafy top, face mask, solid color bottoms (brown probably) and NO MOVEMENT. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

MK M GOBL

For me it has always been motion that gets me busted by a turkey, have even noticed this in fall when in big flocks it seems I can get away with more. I have had birds right on top of me and waiting for them to get past me far enough before I could pull the trigger. I have watched their "HECS" promo commercials... I would say I am pretty salty when it comes to "sponsored" recommendations of products... they are being paid to tell you how good the product works. I have a buddy who bought the suit after seeing the bow hunt for turkey sitting in the open and drawing the bow... Let's just say he did not have the same results. A place I hunted in the U.P. of MI I could almost get away with anything with those birds as they hardly ever seen much for hunting pressure and almost seemed unaware of us.

MK M GOBL

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Bowguy on March 12, 2018, 07:05:02 PM
Quote from: eastonoutdoors on March 12, 2018, 03:54:16 PM
Used it both turkey hunting and deer hunting. Deer hunting I have had crows fly up and sit on a branch right beside me and the squirrels don"t bark at me. Have had some come up the tree right beside me. I can get away with more movement when turkey hunting. you have movement when bow hunting for the birds. I have been able to raise my range finder up and get a distance when birds have been in an open field in front of me. To all there own, as I said I have seen a difference!!!
Do you sell it? Seems guys that sell stuff have skewed ideas. I've called in birds wearing red flannels and red wool rich jackets just to prove to friends I could. Here's another thing, I was always told you can raise a gun to a birds head and shoot. One smooth motion won't get them. Seems to be one erratic motion don't at times either. I mentor lots of little kids and they're never still, smooth or wearing HECs.

Reminiscent of those EMI trolls like rainingmallards? 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 13, 2018, 01:11:23 PM
Used it both turkey hunting and deer hunting. Deer hunting I have had crows fly up and sit on a branch right beside me and the squirrels don"t bark at me. Have had some come up the tree right beside me. I can get away with more movement when turkey hunting. you have movement when bow hunting for the birds. I have been able to raise my range finder up and get a distance when birds have been in an open field in front of me. To all there own, as I said I have seen a difference!!!
Do you sell it? Seems guys that sell stuff have skewed ideas. I've called in birds wearing red flannels and red wool rich jackets just to prove to friends I could. Here's another thing, I was always told you can raise a gun to a birds head and shoot. One smooth motion won't get them. Seems to be one erratic motion don't at times either. I mentor lots of little kids and they're never still, smooth or wearing HECs.

X2 when you see it as a 2nd post to the forum...

MK M GOBL

Dtrkyman

If it actually did work how close would something have to be to detect your "field", probably less than a foot!

Hard Pass!

eastonoutdoors

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 13, 2018, 01:19:54 PM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 13, 2018, 01:11:23 PM

X2 when you see it as a 2nd post to the forum...

MK M GOBL

No I don't sell it!!!!! But hey the therma cell was joke for a few years as well. Now I don't go in the woods without it.

g8rvet

I never heard anyone say the Thermacell was anything other than great. 

Electrical field is silly.  How does a bobcat catch a turkey?  Do they not emit electrical fields too.  Just silly. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Bowguy

Quote from: g8rvet on March 13, 2018, 04:23:08 PM
I never heard anyone say the Thermacell was anything other than great. 

Electrical field is silly.  How does a bobcat catch a turkey?  Do they not emit electrical fields too.  Just silly.
Agreed