turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 887

Started by magnumblend, February 11, 2011, 09:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumblend

Does anyone have any suggestion for a choke-shot combination for an 887 before i spend a bunch of money patterning

bird

Quote from: slickyboyboo on February 11, 2011, 10:11:10 AM
I would suggest getting rid of the 887, and getting an 870 SM before you do anything else.

I have never heard anything good from anyone that has owned an 887, everyone of them have traded them in for something else. Main issues were action smoothness, POA to POI issues, amongst other things. They just werent a well designed and thought out gun.

http://randywakeman.com/ClunkerOf2009Award.htm

That seems to be the average opinion of the 887.  Dump it before you invest too much money into something that has no hope what so ever of being a productive or effective firearm.  The best thing Remington can do with the 887 is take it out of production and offer a even trade for those that have one now.

shootumindaface

Choke Suggestion? Yeah, if it was a gift choke whoever got it for you..

Jbird22

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 11, 2011, 10:30:55 AM

;D

coachmitchel

That's funny right there, I dont care who u are, that's funny.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

decoykrvr

The 887 was a lemon when introduced, and sadly, Remington has done nothing to rectify the situation with current production models.  Cut your losses and headaches asap.

R AJ

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 11, 2011, 10:30:55 AM

Too good there . :agreed:

cfrye11

Quote from: magnumblend on February 11, 2011, 09:20:48 AM
Does anyone have any suggestion for a choke-shot combination for an 887 before i spend a bunch of money patterning

does your gun shoot well? if so that's all that matters..... tons of good chokes out there Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Jelly head, Kicks and many others. stick to Hevy shot in #6 or #7 you will be just fine.

if the gun sucks the good news is chokes hold their value

spurman

I have a friend that had 2 of these, 1 had rough action, bad finish and poa problems he sent it back and they sent him a new one. It had a smooth action but poa was lousy. He kept after them and he ended up with a new 870 sm. 
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

devin4484

Quote from: spurman on February 12, 2011, 09:10:30 AM
I have a friend that had 2 of these, 1 had rough action, bad finish and poa problems he sent it back and they sent him a new one. It had a smooth action but poa was lousy. He kept after them and he ended up with a new 870 sm. 

Same with my friends dad, but when he sent it back they gave him option for an 870 or pay 200 and get an 1187.  Needless to say he payed an extra 200 and got an 1187 in full camo instead.