OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super Vinci-Public Service Announcement

Started by AgingDisgracefully, May 07, 2018, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgingDisgracefully

Well, yesterday I took down my Super Vinci to pack it for a hunt this week, and a spring fell out. It was one of two springs that are at the back of the trigger/tube group. They provide the spring tension when you push down that group as you put it on the assembled stock and barrel group. They are the springs pictured below.

Anyway, one fell out. No gentle solution worked to re-seat the spring, I am reluctant to use force from a place of ignorance and so I waited to speak to Benelli this morning. I think they were going to have me ship it in when one of their smiths came in by happenstance.

So here is how you get them back in if they fall out: use a lot of force. Basically, you have to grip the spring with something like a needle nose pliers and push in hard. You might have to do it a couple of times but you'll hear a click. The spring is then seated.

Just an FYI should this happen to anyone else.

allaboutshooting

Just one more good reason to be an "Old Gobbler". The free flow of good information.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

AgingDisgracefully

Quote from: allaboutshooting on May 07, 2018, 10:32:01 AM
Just one more good reason to be an "Old Gobbler". The free flow of good information.

Thanks,
Clark

Thank you, sir. You almost wonder if there should be a forum area for breaks and fixes, maybe by model.