North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Muller turkey choke

Started by 29810434, February 24, 2018, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody had any experience with a Muller turkey choke?

CrustyRusty

Not the turkey choke, but with others and personally I would not consider them.  I had a bad experience with that company and could not recommend. 

Old Gobbler

Not sure if it's the same company,  but didn't they produce a alloy-  aluminum choke ? I think I remember seeing something said about this
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 25, 2018, 12:07:58 AM
Not sure if it's the same company,  but didn't they produce a alloy-  aluminum choke ? I think I remember seeing something said about this
That is correct,I was looking at them online.They offer a 60 day no questions ask refund.Not much feedback about them anywere.

CrustyRusty

Too many other good choices to bother with an unknown...and his refund policy is a joke, especially if/when the tube fails.

That is true,he will not get my money.Thanks

penna shooter

Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 24, 2018, 08:24:09 PM
Not the turkey choke, but with others and personally I would not consider them.  I had a bad experience with that company and could not recommend.
Im in question about the Muller chokes form another shptgun forum....Very High end chokes and high priced.  On the fence with good and bad reviews, but still questable from not so good comment from the member here having a bad experience with Jim Muller and company....There are other good or better chokes out there...Idian Creek, Carlson, Jeb's, etc... Good luck.
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

CrustyRusty

For shotgun sports, there are so many variables that affect pattern.  Muller seems to have a cult like following, mostly I think because these folks have to justify what they have spent on them.

They pattern well, as do many other makers chokes.  Factory chokes pattern well too, so it really pays to pattern your shotgun with various chokes and see which ones perform best.  Unfortunately on any different day, you can still get different results because of variables like wind, heat, humidity etc.

For turkey hunting, like I said before, stick with the known brands.  For clay shooting, Mullers are fine, but so are Briley and Carlson's, Trulock, factory etc.

The reason I don't recommend Mullers is because I had one fail at a time when it was well known that a certain shotgun brand was having issues with one of those chokes and I had a horrible customer service issue getting it resolved.  Luckily a gunsmith was finally able to remove the damaged choke, I went back to the factory choke and realized I actually had better hits with my factory choke. 

My turkey guns are dedicated for that purpose.  And so I use dedicated chokes for them.  I have Rhino, Trulock, Sumtoy, Hevi, Carlson's, SSX, titewad, and Indian creek tubes and they all pattern great and see no reason to experiment with an unknown.  I hope this helps...Crusty