turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This Made Me Sick (PIC ADDED)

Started by Solid Snake, February 11, 2011, 08:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

The black tips on the feathers tell you it is a GOBBLER!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

sodfather

Just hope he is not coming home from the bar and a deer runs out in front of him, that could do some damage.

timbrhuntr

hobbes

I understand the disappointment in your friends choice, but..........if I considered him a friend I wouldn't throw him under the bus on a public forum.  I'd either decide he wasnt a friend and cut ties, including the hunting, or Id find a little better way to let him know I wasnt impressed with running a bird over. 

A lot of folks make poor choices.........posting it up on a public forum for mob hanging by a bunch of guys with few details while hiding behind a monitor is a poor choice.........mad or not.

But heck.........he ran a turkey over.........hang em, casterate him, whip in public by gosh...............can I still hunt come april?

Gobble!

I'm with Hobbes
Stop crying to us and be a man tell him how you feel

Spurs

This year is going to suck!!!

hobbes

My post had nothing to do with telling him to stop crying about it.

My opinion is deal directly with the buddy and suck up the consequences if it means no more hunting or leave it be, but dont put the guy on trial on a public forum in front of a bunch of guys, myself include, that cant begin to have all the details.  My first reaction would be like most.........drive the sled over him, but this isnt exactly the arena that I would want to use for passing judgement.  And.....when it comes to personal matters, call me crazy, but other than asking for prayers to the Almighty, I'm not inclined to seek advice from a bunch of lunatic turkey hunters that I dont know beyond this screen. ;D

Solid Snake

Quote from: hobbes on February 11, 2011, 10:55:15 PM
I understand the disappointment in your friends choice, but..........if I considered him a friend I wouldn't throw him under the bus on a public forum.  I'd either decide he wasnt a friend and cut ties, including the hunting, or Id find a little better way to let him know I wasnt impressed with running a bird over. 

A lot of folks make poor choices.........posting it up on a public forum for mob hanging by a bunch of guys with few details while hiding behind a monitor is a poor choice.........mad or not.

But heck.........he ran a turkey over.........hang em, casterate him, whip in public by gosh...............can I still hunt come april?

Hobbes, I would hardly consider this throwing him under the bus. Going to the GW with it would be throwing him under the bus...

My intent of this post wasn't to get everyone in an uproar while hiding behind a monitor - come on now let's be serious. I posted this because it really upset me and I came to a place where I knew people would understand where I was coming from.

So since I'm apparently "crying" about it according to Gobble!, who obviously didn't read the post b/c I did let him know that I didn't find it funny, this matter can be put to bed. Thanks for listening to me vent  :-\

ground control

"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

bird

I think we all can agree that it was completely wrong for this guy to run the turkey over, especially in the eyes of a bunch of outdoors-man  and turkey hunters.  I believe its time to move on to bigger and better things to talk about that involve the wild turkey.  Ahhhh finally a stretch of warm weather heading our way......    :gobble:

ground control

You got that right, we are finally sayin goodbye to our snow! Supposed to be in the middle sixties all week here and I'm way past ready for it! Gonna head out in the morning and see if I don't hear any firing off.   :gobble: :gobble:
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

Solid Snake

Hopefully it will melt this 3" of ice we have here too. Because no snow = no snowmobiles = more turkeys for me this spring lol

hobbes

I should not get into these convesations in a thread.  I can never come near getting a point across without sounding like a jerk.   

Shaw..........My apologies for sounding like a jerk there. 

bird

Quote from: hobbes on February 12, 2011, 11:53:09 AM
I should not get into these convesations in a thread.  I can never come near getting a point across without sounding like a jerk.   

Hobbes.... You ain't no jerk.  We're all just passionate about the sport we love is all, brothers so to speak.  :icon_thumright:  :thanks:

I actually went outside today without a jacket on.  I was starting to think that we were heading toward another Ice Age!  :smiley-char092:

bird

Solid Snake

Quote from: hobbes on February 12, 2011, 11:53:09 AM

It's all good hobbes - sometimes it's really hard to type out on a screen what we are thinking in our heads. No hard feelings at all