turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Here we go again!!!

Started by 1iagobblergetter, February 15, 2018, 08:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Prayers out to the familys. Another nut job killed 17 in a Florida school with an AR15...

RiverRoost

Best thing I can think of is have a gun in every single classroom in America regardless of age. If it's not already invented it needs to be, a teachers desk with a built in gun drawer that is electronically locked and can only be unlocked by the teachers fingerprint. If the gun drawer closes it is automatically locked back in 5 seconds to prevent someone forgetting and a kid getting in it. Sad sad day in America once again

MK M GOBL

Prayers out to the family and friends of those in this senseless shooting.

MK M GOBL

KYHeadhunter02

So sad indeed. I see that people are blaming video games and of course guns. Neither one of those forced that kid to pull the trigger on innocent victims. There needs to be a measure of security put in place for sure.

Prayers sent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

southern_leo

It's stupid to blame ar 15s. The media says "you don't hear about mass shootings in countries with strict gun laws". This is true, but you hear of bombings! As bad as it sound someone shooting a 223 from my recent memory generally does less damage than public bombings we see overseas. The bottom line is if someone wants to kill a bunch of people they will. The more we put this crap on the news the more it may motivate others. Best thing to do would be keep it off national media. I don't have the right answers but I still believe alot of behavior issues start at home.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

davisd9

Supposedly there were a lot of warning signs that were not investigated.  A sad situation for sure.  Prayers for all involved.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: southern_leo on February 15, 2018, 11:40:23 AM
It's stupid to blame ar 15s. The media says "you don't hear about mass shootings in countries with strict gun laws". This is true, but you hear of bombings! As bad as it sound someone shooting a 223 from my recent memory generally does less damage than public bombings we see overseas. The bottom line is if someone wants to kill a bunch of people they will. The more we put this crap on the news the more it may motivate others. Best thing to do would be keep it off national media. I don't have the right answers but I still believe alot of behavior issues start at home.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I agree...If someone's intent is to kill they will find a way AR15 or not. It's horrible,but I don't see law enforcement  ever stopping this completely know matter what they do. Lots and lots of people with a crazy here and there and laws to protect them.

BottomLand54

Listen you don't hear them raising cane over beer and liquor on the news and every day there is an innocent family or person killed due to a drunk driver.

If a man kills a man with a stick are they going to outlaw trees?

We have to remember no matter how bad it looks and seems it will get worse things are waxing worse and worse and God is still on His throne and in Control.

We need prayer in America we need Revival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

What we need is some people with common sense and reasoning ability making the laws instead of the extremists on either end of the debate constantly battling to keep the other extreme at bay. 

There are reasonable things that can be done to help solve this problem,...but we have to take the "loonies" out of the discussion.  Unfortunately, the system has been corrupted to a degree that I'm not sure that will ever be possible again.  Not to mention that we have way too many folks that are not capable of a logical thought process, based on facts and reality, that are included in the discussion due to our system of governance.

The fact is that just about any community in this country could put together a committee of reasonable folks that could come up with some common-sense gun laws practically overnight that would be head and shoulders above what exists now.  Unfortunately, I fear for our kids and family's futures because the extremists are not willing to accept the outcome of any such logical course of action.

Old Gobbler

It's gonna keep happening,  I live abot 3 -4 miles away from the incident,  fortunately my kids go to other schools , quite a few of my coworkers and customers kids attended that school , too many first hand experiences for me to repeat publicly , people getting crazy texts , actually hearing the shots going off from nearby plazas ....this in not one of those forget about it next week deals , folks are real ...real upset at the current system where Afghanistan nut jobs and kids who have been reported to the FBI can still purchase a AR

In florida .... and I'm speaking with experience. ..cause I used to sell guns for a living , way to many crazies can get a AR ....you only got to be 18 yo , 21 for a handgun

There is no working sulystem.in place to keep folks with violent or troubled  pasts from aquiring a gun....as this latest event has just proved

I will say this....just calling it out as I see it...so don't get all emotional about it .florida is a 27 electoral swingstate ....some sort of give back on gun control in florida will have to occur in able to win 2020...or if state legislation does thier own state legislature that would be a variable , there are like 10 million voters living within a hours drive of that incident
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

GobbleNut

I am sure having it happen that close to you and witnessing the resulting aftermath would certainly give one a perspective that most of us have not, and hopefully will not, faced.  Shannon, your first sentence,..."it's gonna keep happening" is unfortunately true.  I have been saying the very same thing for years.

The freedoms we cherish in this country are the very same freedoms that result in this sort of stuff being able to happen.  To me, our choice is clear:  we can either grit our teeth and declare that we are not going to give in an inch on our freedoms,...and see what happened there in your community continue to increase and get worse over time,....or we can admit we have some serious societal problems that have to be dealt with, and start doing it. 

Again, reasonable laws and compromises are possible.  We just have to have reasonable and compromising people take control of the task.

Old Gobbler

Like it or not.... florida will likely go to 21 on any firearm transaction

There's a possibility of longer wait periods for semi auto pistols and rifles

There's a possibility of if you want a magazine with a capacity over 5 rounds in a sbr, or rifle you may need to have a concieled permit , plus other restrictions. ....

Not saying this is what I want ., ..hate to see it go that way...I'm saying Florida gun control advocates NOW HAVE ALL THE VOTES THEY NEED TO DO IT , when you see Sen Bill Nelson who hunts and Marco Rubio (rep) start to call for change...the gig is up

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 16, 2018, 11:04:08 AM
Like it or not.... florida will likely go to 21 on any firearm transaction

There's a possibility of longer wait periods for semi auto pistols and rifles

There's a possibility of if you want a magazine with a capacity over 5 rounds in a sbr, or rifle you may need to have a concieled permit , plus other restrictions. ....

Not saying this is what I want ., ..hate to see it go that way...I'm saying Florida gun control advocates NOW HAVE ALL THE VOTES THEY NEED TO DO IT , when you see Sen Bill Nelson who hunts and Marco Rubio (rep) start to call for change...the gig is up
I think the blame is going to be placed on guns(Ar' s for the most part),but if the known to be crazy or irrational guy wants to kill they will find a way to kill regardless..
It's not the gun . Its the person behind it...We have a lot of people in America just a few are nutty enough to do this and a gun was the tool. Without the gun it would be a bomb,car,poison in the school food,etc..I agree it is horribly sad kids and teachers aren't safe or anyone to be truthful..

blackmagic

I teach in an inner city middle school down here.  There were several 'threatening' calls and social media posts throughout the past couple of days. My campus in particular is open to major roads on all sides.  I've seen chases through the center of campus and the police chopper may as well be our mascot.   It's a heavy burden knowing there's so many people under your watch at all times.  Our assigned officer feels under-gunned.  Just too many crazies out there.  The violence inside and outside would shock many people.  2 kids were shot and (luckily) survived in front of a high school down the street. 

saverx

As long as Family and Church are not in the solution is there a solution?... Can taking away rights solve anything? I know people are very devastated and angry...... Be very cautious when giving up your rights.  Be cautious not to be brainwashed by politically driven media. Just some thoughts...