OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beginner video cam/microphone pkg?

Started by RiverRoost, February 12, 2018, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Wanting to start filming some turkey hunts this year and looking for info on what a good beginner camera would be. Like to be able to add microphone to the hunters and for the camera to be small enough it's easy to carry if I'm going solo and also to stick in my pocket during deer season and also be tripod adaptable

MK M GOBL

Part of this will depend on your budget, you can find some good deals on "model year" old cameras as they close out or maybe a used camera? A few things I would look at for features, first off is digital media recording (SD cards), optical power not digital (digital power is just a distortion of what you see) as for mics we use Rode and Sennheiser. There are some other details to look at depending on the end result of your video work, if it is for just personal or if you are videoing for "professional" work.

I/we have sold a few of the old cameras and now we are using a Canon Vixia HF G30 and a Canon XA30, buddy in looking into the G40. We have been happy with the Canon Cameras.

MK M GOBL

fallhnt

Small,good sound with mic and good video. Pick one. I have just the camera posted in the classifieds. I have stepped up and this is a good camera.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy