turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your favorite ceramic pot

Started by yelpy, February 07, 2018, 07:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

I'm looking into buying a ceramic pot for the first time and can use some advise. Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Coop1082

Lon Trice Birdseye Maple ceramic over glass, Daybreak Padauk Ceramic Over Glass, and a Andy Kaiser Curly Maple Ceramic Over Glass. I'd run all 3 of those any day of the week. Also Halloran makes a pretty darn jam up ceramic that is pretty easy to get hands on if they are still for sale at Midwest.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

Daybreak Paduak... Top shelf when it comes to ceramic in my opinion. Shoot Gary an email and get one on order.

If you're looking for a cheaper, less known option, but just about as good, with its own unique sound, get ahold of Paul Durham on Facebook or pauld on here. He will hook you up with an absolute smoker. And odds are once you get one from him, it won't be your last.

If you want best of the best, get into touch with Gary, but you'll pay for it. If you want best of the rest, and at a killer price, get ahold of Mr. Paul Durham.

Jbird22

Bowguy

I'm not a ceramic guy but no question Halloran ceramic

bobk

Chad Hutchinson,  Mike Yingling and David Halloran  all make fine ceramic  calls.

hunter22

Chris O

Quote from: bobk on February 07, 2018, 08:33:16 PM
Chad Hutchinson,  Mike Yingling and David Halloran  all make fine ceramic  calls.
I will add Misfire calls to your list Bob but I agree with your other choices .I know you have owned a few calls  to know what you like.

vt35mag

My curly maple ceramic from Andy Kaiser has brought in a lot of birds for me. I got it back in 2011 and have used it a lot throughout the seasons.
I have a Halloran on order, and since it comes so highly recommended here I have to try it.
I recently picked up a Sapele ceramic over glass from Kevin at Pecker Wrecker which cranks. I wouldn't hesitate putting it to a field test on spring opener.
Hanks came out with a Padauk ceramic this year that sounds very good. I would say mine has medium pitch front to the yelp, where the Kaiser and Pecker Wrecker can be run noticeably higher on the front. It's not better or worse, just something I noticed.

sbbow

Yingling,Kaiser an Vector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelpy

Thanks guys!!! I am all ears so keep the opinions coming. I have a few calls to pay for before I order a ceramic pot.

I just realized tonight that I do have a Yingling water proof in ceramic. LOL! I am looking at getting a bit more volume out of the next one. 

870BkWht

Daybreak is by far the best sounding ceramic to my ear.  I also feel like its worth mentioning that the American Strutter maple ceramic is a good sounding call.  The Hanks ceramic that just came out this year is very versatile in it can really be loud but also tinned down too.  Hallorans ceramic is good also. 

WildSpur

The birds really like the one I assembled from brookside parts.  Padauk pot, glass sound board, and ceramic top.  Its a winner!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

TauntoHawk

I have or had a ceramic from Halloran, Houndstooth, Jimmy Schaffer, and few other lesser known builders. Favorite by far is the Houndstooth Cherry Ceramic
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

johnski

I got a Schaffer lacewood/redheart ceramic over glass last summer will will be coming with me opening day.