turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

slings

Started by Long Beard 2372, February 11, 2011, 07:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fl panhandler

another vote for the claw, I have them on all my rifles and shotguns.  It hangs on like a scared cat.
Rick

n2deer

I have a couple of the claws but I prefer the butler creek comfort stretch, much more comfortable to carry.

yella yelper

Sorry guys, but in my opinion, the Butler Creek Slings are CRAP.  The Claw slings are decent, but do yourself a favor and look at the Slogan Outdoors slings.  Some of you may remember this goob from the Outdoor Channel commercials a few years ago.  The commercials were terrible, but the slings are the best on the market.  You can't make the sling fall off your shoulder, it's like the thing has teeth.  They also have a lifetime warranty.  They told me if anything ever happens to it, they'd send me a new one.  Even if my dog chews it up, free sling.  I know you can probably buy two claw's for one of these, but trust me, you won't regret it.  Do yourself a favor and get the longer one.  The backpack straps are a nice feature too.

http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.net/RifleSlings_Shotguns_Pinckney_MI.html

magicman

bird

I've tried several different slings over the years and I've come to like the neoprene slings by Avery.  They have a couple different models being the Power Hunter and The Finisher.  I myself prefer the Power Hunter model myself.  I have 2 or 3 of the black colored ones and a Nat Gear color Power Hunter also.  I like the quick disconnect swivels on these slings as I like to remove my slings when I get situated into a hunting position.  Before the Avery slings I use to use the Super Sling on all my guns and still will do so if not using the Avery Sling.  I have tried the Quake Claw as I read so much about how so many people like them but I found them to be hard on the shoulder and difficult to remove in a hurry as I did not like the swivel that they use on the Claw.  A good sling for some people not not suited to my taste. 

bird

turkaholic

Best I have ever seen is made by Vero Vellini. It has a grip on your shoulder and stays where you put it unlike any that I have used. I got mine at Bass Pro a few years ago.
live to hunt hunt to live

WyoHunter

I've got "the Claw" sling and really like it. It doesn't slip and it's wide enough to spread out the weight on your shoulder.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

knightrider

i use some kind of stretchy sling from wally world for 10 bucks works great and never slips

kyhareraiser

i have several but no matter which one is on the gun,,i always after setting up on a gobbler,take the front of the sling offthe gun altogether..just a breeze of wind blowing the sling arround will catch his weary eye and you will be busted ,or it gets hung up on a limb or something as i shift arround when the bird comes in from the unsuspected side..

OLE RASPY

Quote from: yella yelper on February 11, 2011, 10:07:16 AM
Sorry guys, but in my opinion, the Butler Creek Slings are CRAP.  The Claw slings are decent, but do yourself a favor and look at the Slogan Outdoors slings.  Some of you may remember this goob from the Outdoor Channel commercials a few years ago.  The commercials were terrible, but the slings are the best on the market.  You can't make the sling fall off your shoulder, it's like the thing has teeth.  They also have a lifetime warranty.  They told me if anything ever happens to it, they'd send me a new one.  Even if my dog chews it up, free sling.  I know you can probably buy two claw's for one of these, but trust me, you won't regret it.  Do yourself a favor and get the longer one.  The backpack straps are a nice feature too.

http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.net/RifleSlings_Shotguns_Pinckney_MI.html
These slings look awsome.

nstrut

i have 5 or 6 slings hanging on the wall the claw and others..i went to the ultra flex i have it on my old 11-87 and my new 11-87 with the new stock and, one long magnum ultra flex on my 935 moss grand slam
its the best i have ever had and i have many before

turkey_slayer

Quote from: turkaholic on February 11, 2011, 10:55:31 PM
Best I have ever seen is made by Vero Vellini. It has a grip on your shoulder and stays where you put it unlike any that I have used. I got mine at Bass Pro a few years ago.

Been using vero vellinis for over 10 years.  Light, comfortable, and do not slip  :icon_thumright:

paboxcall

I put a Butler Creek neoprene on every gun I have.  The stretch makes the gun seemingly weigh less on the shoulder.  And it sticks to my vest or clothing so it doesn't slip much at all.

:groupwave:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

njdevilsb

I just got a claw last year that came with my muzzleloading shotgun.  I've only hunted one day with it, last fall, but I like it so far.

mossy835

Claw on the old JC Higgins and soon to be on the Mossberg only this time I will use a different model as the Mossberg is set up for quick release slings. Does not slip and is comfortable.