OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nomad turkey vest

Started by RiverRoost, February 05, 2018, 02:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I love my tactical tat'r 2 vest and curious how y'all think this nomad vest will stack up compared to the tat'r. The seat on the tat'r is like nothing I've used before and the elastic strap system it has is awesome.

Fieldturkey

I looked at a nomad vest pretty hard today. They seem well made. I almost bought one but my current vest is layed out better for me personally. I couldn't really find anything bad about the nomad tho. Overall a good product

Coop1082

Mine will be in tomorrow. I'll have it in hand Wednesday when I get home from work. I'll do a little comparison between it and my current Ol' Tom I-Beam 2.0. Off the bat I know the I-Beam has more storage but I carry a ton of stuff to the woods with me and I still don't use half of the I-Beam's pockets which was my deciding factor for giving the Nomad a try.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Spitten and drummen

Ordered mine today. I like the fact that it won't hold as much as my other vest so I will be forced to lighten my load. Looks like a Dixon vest and everyone raves about it so we shall see.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RiverRoost

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 05, 2018, 09:09:43 PM
Ordered mine today. I like the fact that it won't hold as much as my other vest so I will be forced to lighten my load. Looks like a Dixon vest and everyone raves about it so we shall see.

Yeah it does and I like the look of it. Nothing really wrong that I have found with my tat'r but I'm a sucker for something new.

Roost 1

Where did you order it from? Color?

Coop1082

They are available on Field and Steam's website right now Roost 1. I think the only color available of Greenleaf as of now.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Roost 1

Quote from: Coop1082 on February 05, 2018, 10:32:02 PM
They are available on Field and Steam's website right now Roost 1. I think the only color available of Greenleaf as of now.

Thank you

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 05, 2018, 10:29:53 PM

Where did you order it from? Color?

I ordered from dicks sporting goods. Green leaf.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SKFOOTER

The Greenleaf pattern is supposedly only available thru Dick's and Field & Stream.

buzzardroost

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 06, 2018, 11:57:40 AM
The Greenleaf pattern is supposedly only available thru Dick's and Field & Stream.
Surely they will have them at the convention in Greenleaf. I want to try one on before buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKFOOTER

I just sent HARTCLEMSON a pm asking him?

SKFOOTER

Hart just replied and said they would have some of the Greenleaf vests at the convention.

buzzardroost

Excellent, I'll get to that booth quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixes

Received mine today and will be returning it. One size fits most seems to not apply in my case. No way it would be comfortable for me with anything other than a thin tshirt. Also, I don't care for snaps and the pot holders have a snap, much prefer a hook and loop.

This would be a nice vest if you do not need deep pockets, all the pockets were roughly 3/4 of a hand deep with no pockets deeper. The layout was nice, but a deep pocket behind the main pocket or one on  of the inside would of made it better. There are 2 pockets inside on each side, but again, they are very shallow. I also like side mesh open pockets to put a bottle of water, this vest doesn't have that.

It did seem well made, but just not for me. Guess my Cabelas Tatr will be in service again this spring.