turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 pistol grip stock

Started by Wayman, January 30, 2018, 05:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayman

I was just curious if Remington ever sold any 870 pistol grip stocks from the factory that wasn't the sure stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I've never seen one that Remington ever had for 870 that was factory available to the public that came on the gun. I was the first in my area years ago to put the first pistol grip stock on a gun for turkey hunting. The only stock i could find at the time was Choate pistol grip stock and i still have it on the gun...

longbeardbuster

I too would like to know if they do. I'm not a fan of the sure stock. And I'm totally against the AR stock that's on some Mossberg's. Not a fan of the whole tactical turkey hunting thing.

Greg Massey

Quote from: longbeardbuster on January 30, 2018, 06:16:21 PM
I too would like to know if they do. I'm not a fan of the sure stock. And I'm totally against the AR stock that's on some Mossberg's. Not a fan of the whole tactical turkey hunting thing.

Choate make a pretty good pistol grip stock...check it out...

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Wayman on January 30, 2018, 05:38:48 PM
I was just curious if Remington ever sold any 870 pistol grip stocks from the factory that wasn't the sure stock?

Only pistol grip stocks I've seen other than shur stocks is a knoxx adjustable stock that came on my 12g.Rem Max Gobbler. As far as made by Remington not that I've heard of..

Wayman

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering because I stopped at a local pawn shop today and they had a supermag in all matching mossyoak camo. It looked factory. I just never recalled seeing one

Stumpy225

Remember looking at one years ago but got discontinued before I bought it. Remington 870 12g tactical turkey I think if my memory is correct.

low2497

Remington made a pistol grip stock called the SpeedFeed. They made a solid version and a version that you load shells into. I bought the solid version off of eBay the other day and put it on my turkey 870. Really like it

Here is a picture of the stock. This isn't my gun

Gobble!

I have a 870 Max Gobbler that came with a Knoxx stock from the factory.

crenshawco

Remington used to make a 870 tactical 20 gauge that came with the Knoxx stock. You could also buy just the stock from Remington parts. The part number was F400807. This has been years ago though, and my guess is they're discontinued by now.

tnanh

I have one that is pistol grip and camouflage that I bought about 7 or 8 years ago at Bass Pro. Got it for my son and he lost interest in turkey hunting so it is still in my gun safe. Even after owning the sure shot I think the recoil is less with Remington's pistol grip stock and it seams a little lighter. The only problem with it is it cant be shot as it came with optics. Not even a low mounted Mueler Quick Shot. Cheek weld on butt stock is way too low and it would need a riser or comb.   

tnanh

This is a photo. I think it was made in 2007. Glad I got it out. Hasn't been hunted with much but I may take it this year some.

Wayman

Quote from: tnanh on February 01, 2018, 07:25:09 PM
This is a photo. I think it was made in 2007. Glad I got it out. Hasn't been hunted with much but I may take it this year some.

Wayman

Yeah that looks about like the one I seen at the pawn shop