OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Federal TSS

Started by BottomLand54, January 26, 2018, 11:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Rogers Sporting Goods has the 12 gauge 3" and 3.5" TSS loads in stock.

Bigeclipse

Quote from: Gobble! on February 09, 2018, 02:11:58 PM
Nice. Interested in seeing some 2.25oz patterns.

Link for 3.5"
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-premium-heavyweight-tss-turkey-loads-12-gauge-3-1-2-2-1-4oz-1200fps.html

Link for 3"
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-premium-heavyweight-tss-turkey-loads-12-gauge-3-1-3-4oz-1200fps.html

3.5 and even 3in 12ga TSS loads are honestly way over kill in #9s. You will be talking 400+ pellet counts in a 10in circle at 40 yards. Pretty much ruin your turkey meat if shot in the chest. I just started the process of loading my own and many people have been telling me that #8 2ounce loads may even produce too crazy of a pattern. This is why many people drop down to 20, 28, and 410 gauge shotguns if using TSS. So from what little I know, 3.5in TSS is basically a big waste of money.

FL-Boss

I completely agree with you. But I also know there are a lot of hunters out there that will always take "bigger and better" if given the chance.

If they made a 5in 12GA shell ...they would buy.

Bigeclipse

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 09, 2018, 03:23:32 PM
I completely agree with you. But I also know there are a lot of hunters out there that will always take "bigger and better" if given the chance.

definite truth to that such as people using 300winmag when the furthest shot they have on a deer is inside 200 yards. Completely unnecessary.

surehuntsalot

was browsing around at my LGS today and I asked him about the tss, he told me he tried to order some from Federal and they told him they were not releasing them until august, September..... don't know if there is any thing to it, but that's what the owner of the store told me, here in Ms.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BottomLand54

Weird I believe will be out shelves in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Rodgers already has 12 guage and cabela says end of month 
So? Guessing we will see.

Gobble!

Quote from: Bigeclipse on February 09, 2018, 03:01:47 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 09, 2018, 02:11:58 PM
Nice. Interested in seeing some 2.25oz patterns.

Link for 3.5"
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-premium-heavyweight-tss-turkey-loads-12-gauge-3-1-2-2-1-4oz-1200fps.html

Link for 3"
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-premium-heavyweight-tss-turkey-loads-12-gauge-3-1-3-4oz-1200fps.html

3.5 and even 3in 12ga TSS loads are honestly way over kill in #9s. You will be talking 400+ pellet counts in a 10in circle at 40 yards. Pretty much ruin your turkey meat if shot in the chest. I just started the process of loading my own and many people have been telling me that #8 2ounce loads may even produce too crazy of a pattern. This is why many people drop down to 20, 28, and 410 gauge shotguns if using TSS. So from what little I know, 3.5in TSS is basically a big waste of money.

Look at how fast you are learning! I'm into counting holes and throwing insane patterns so it's no waste of money to me. A heavy gun and a shell that kicks like a small donkey just does it for me. Of the birds I've killed with 2.5oz of #9s I've yet to have an issue with pellet in the breast. For most people here though a .410 with TSS #10s is all they would need. Loading up some 20 gauge 2.75" #10s for my son tomorrow.

SinGin

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 09, 2018, 03:23:32 PM

I'm that way but at $9.00 per shell, I'm out

Bigeclipse

6.50$ if you reload them yourself.

Dtrkyman

On the pellets in the birds concern, I killed 7 gobblers last year all under 35 yards, I think I found three pellets while cleaning all those birds, I was shooting 9.5 out of a 20 guage.

Those 3 pellets are back in the mix and will find there way to another round!

BottomLand54

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 12, 2018, 05:12:44 PM
On the pellets in the birds concern, I killed 7 gobblers last year all under 35 yards, I think I found three pellets while cleaning all those birds, I was shooting 9.5 out of a 20 guage.

Those 3 pellets are back in the mix and will find there way to another round!
Are you saying thee others passed through the animal?

I know last year I shot a bird a bit farther then I would have liked and got allot of magma blend in the breast that was a pain to pick out about had to cut it open to get it and the feathers out.

Dtrkyman

Yes

BottomLand54

You fellows going to nwtf convention tell us how much federal tss they have.