OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New super x4 universal hunter 24in

Started by Dgroves, January 13, 2018, 09:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgroves

I'm new to this sight so I hope I'm doing everything right! I just ordered a ne super x4 universal hunter with 24in barrel does anybody have any good choke combinations I wanted to shoot 3.5in prob longbeard xrs#5 or#6 and may buy box of nitro tss or apex tss
Thanks

fountain2

The thing most will run into is this problem.  Tss will need a more open choke than you will need with a shell such as the longbeard.  It would be quite possible though, to run the factory full or extra full with tss and still get nice patterns.  If i was going with a 3.5, i would likely set up for the long beards. 
Will this be a Turkey only gun?

Yoder409

If you decide to go the Longbeard XR route...............the best starting point I've seen is the Indian Creek tube.  Gives some awfully strong patterns with 4's, 5's and 6's, all three in my Super X3.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Dgroves

Ok I've had great results in the past with Indian creek! Yes it will just be a turkey gun!
I was just wonder if the Winchesters threw a good pattern! I've got a sb2 that shot lb #6 put 247 in the 10 at 40 which is good as I could hope for but I like a scope and I hate to keep taking it off/on so that's why I'm going to just have a turkey gun! So it sounds like ic will do good thanks guys