OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

strangest places youve hunted a bird?

Started by slave601, February 11, 2011, 06:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

No really weird just unusual.  About 75 yards off a main road.  Bird was on the other side which was private and my side was public.  Called him across the road to me.  I couldnt see the road from where I was sitting but could hear the cars going by.  I was afraid someone was going to hit him before I got to shoot him.

shootumindaface

I bet alot around these parts would say "In a truck"

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

barry

Sittin' against a tree in my front yard.
Years ago I lived in an old huntin' shack I had renovated. It was about 50-60 yards off of the paved road. I had work to do that day so I hadn't planned on huntin', but things changed when I heard a gobbler from my bedroom window. I stepped out on the front porch and the bird gobbled across the road an on the other side of a creek. I threw on my camo, grabbed my gun, eased out the door and set up about 10 yards from the shack. Long story short, I had him struttin' in the paved road when my neighbors wife came driving down the road and made him fly.

hootn

more than a few years ago i hunted about a half mile or so from an nuclear power plant in Missouri. or it seemed like it was that close

scott

slave601

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 11, 2011, 12:19:12 PM
I bet alot around these parts would say "In a truck"
that would probably be alot of mississippians answers :z-guntootsmiley:
"thinnin the flock"

deerhunt1988

I have hunted around 2 different cemeteries, but haven't killed a bird around them. Have watched birds feed near the gravestones though.

flintlock

40 yards from a major interstate.  I could see him throw his head out but couldn't hear him gobble for all of the freaking noise of the interstate.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

turkey slayer

I have hunted in a old family cemetery lots of times, also have hunted just on the other side of my back yard fence.

headbanger

Another cemetary hunter here too. Kinda weird bangin heads leaned up against a headstone, but hey, if it works...

headbanger

guesswho

I kill one in an old grave yard about every year.  I guess the strangest place was under a bath-tub ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Basser69

Quote from: guesswho on February 11, 2011, 03:01:00 PM
I kill one in an old grave yard about every year.  I guess the strangest place was under a bath-tub ;D

Now that would make a heck of a blind

lightsoutcalls

On top of a ridge in Northeast OK, in a blind, in the middle of one heck of a lightning storm.  It was pitch dark outside.  The lightning would light everything up like daytime for a second at a time.  It's o.k. though, I was wearing rubber bottomed boots...   :o   That storm ended up producing enough rain that the highway (State HWY 10) along the Illinois River was underwater.  We were fortunate enough to be able to get out the other direction by going just over 40 miles through backroads to get to a location about 10 miles away the other direction. CRAZY!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

yellowacorns