turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Native Turkeys by Herb McClure

Started by Grey Owl, January 03, 2018, 09:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Owl

The past two nights I've been reading McClure's book Native Turkeys. As a fellow that grew up in the Appalachians I'm really enjoying it.

greencop01

Old time turkey hunter, hunted turkeys for a lot of years, and does it his way,calling to the gun..... :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

ol bob

Mr Herb will be at Unicoi Custom Makers Show next week you can pick up a book and sit and talk with an old master of the turkey wood that alone makes the trip worth while.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Agreed, really enjoyed Herb McClure's book.

Grey Owl

Quote from: ol bob on January 04, 2018, 09:38:17 AM
Mr Herb will be at Unicoi Custom Makers Show next week you can pick up a book and sit and talk with an old master of the turkey wood that alone makes the trip worth while.

I was planning on being at Unicoi this year but all the tables were full and I couldn't get a spot. I figured I'd go anyway just for pleasure but a church in Memphis scheduled me to do a Sportsman's Banquet for them the same weekend.

quavers59

I have that book also. Very interesting ! I really enjoyed the part where a turkey hunter would venture into a mountain blind and find a turkey wing feather placed there by another turkey Hunter who took one from that blind.